Monday, August 21, 2017

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Do I Really Have to Cook Again?!?" Edition--

I am easing back into cooking again at Chez Sluggy. I tried to come up with meals not involving turning on the oven last week and will keep that trend going this coming week too.

Just one of the many foods I cooked on Sunday.......it's still the weather to smoke meats!



Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week--

1. Sunday--Meal at Chris' house
2. Monday--Eating-Out
3. Tuesday--Easy Meal at Home
4. Wednesday--No Clue Yet
5. Thursday--No Clue Yet
6. Friday--No Clue Yet
7. Saturday--No Clue Yet

And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--BBQ Turkey Breast,Corn on the Cob, Tomatoes, Fruit Salad, Ice Cream(Mmmm)
2. Monday--Bowl of Soup and Zuke Fries
3. Tuesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread
4. Wednesday--TV Dinners(I had pork chop, taters and apples)
5. Thursday--Kielbasa on Rolls
6. Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, Green Beans
7. Saturday--Beer Can Chicken, Stuffing, Corn on Cob

Last week saw 6 nights of home cooked dinners(1 night was tv dinners tho), 0 nights of leftovers and 1 nights of Eating-Out.
The Daughter had made dinner for us when we got home on Tuesday and had bought TV dinners so I didn't have to jump back into cooking for another day too. 8-)))
I managed to do Kielbasa on Thursday as it was an easy meal(didn't make anything to accompany it though), we had pork chops and green beans in the freezer still for Friday's dinner and I had bought two chickens on Friday so roasted chicken on the grill for Saturday.

I made 1 trip each to the Bakery Outlet, Weis Markets, Maine Source and the Shursave Market.  $106.07 was spent last week, bringing food spending in August to $214.44.
There are 10 days left in the month so I think I'll make my under $420 goal for August. 
Go me.  ;-)

My savings percentages last week and for the month so-far? Last week was 57.15% and the monthly is 49.21%(without Rite-Aid trips added in).

Leftovers going into this week........roast chicken, stuffing, pork tenderloin,

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chicken Marsala, Noodles, Salad
2. Monday--Marinated Steak, Mac and Cheese, Veggie of some kind
3. Tuesday--Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Cole Slaw
4. Wednesday--Take-Out Pizza
5. Thursday--Chicken Salad Sandwiches
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--BLT Sandwiches

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 1 nights of leftovers and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating-Out.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Rolls, Cabbage and Carrots(or a bagged Cole Slaw mix).  College Boy leaves on Wednesday so it's just Daughter and I for dinner that night so we'll get a pizza.  The end of the week will be using up leftovers mostly or I'll dig something out of the chest freezer that I can prepare without turning on the oven.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. A bonus to hubby being retired - he now can take your son back to school by himself! Welcome home (I am a bit late, just catching up on blogs). I need to have one of those clean out the fridge meals tonight, stir fry it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did really great on the food budget. I pre-made my lunches last week, hard-boiled eggs and got my yogurt cups pre-made. This week - not so well. However, I will scrounge around the fridge for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Nashville today, a 280 mile round trip and spent nothing on food. I brought food from home. He bought gas. We were quite content with what we ate.

    Saturday, I rebaked a roast that was too pink and divided most of it into meal packages. Tomatoes from the market and a bag of salad will make several meals. And, I thawed two chickens breasts. I have potatoes gotten from the food giveaway that has no means test. So, along with other vegetables, I have the makings of meals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had planned a rather steep food budget for this month, since we had Son 1 visiting and now Son3 and Girlfriend 3 are here and will have additional overnight guests this weekend. Glad I planned it because it has been pricy. After everyone leaves TheHub and I will be eating from the freezer or beans for a month. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.