Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Went to Rite-Aid & Weis

Yes, shocking I know!
I actually went to Rite-Aid to get a freebie and some bottle water but ended up getting 2 other items as well once I got into the store.......


The bottled water(not pictures)was 2 cases for $4 and you go $1 back in Plenti Pts. so effectively it was $1.50 per case.  Best price around here now for bottled water.
College Boy carted all of my bottled water off to college so I needed to restock that.

The razor(pack of 4 disposables)was on sale $7.
There was an in-ad Q for $3 off which I combined with a $4/1 Manu. Q, making it free.

The Neutrogena soap was BOGO 50% off....$3.29 for one + $1.64 the other=$4.93 a pair and gave back $5 in Plenti Pts. per pair so effectively free.

The Suave 'Poo is 2/$6 and you get back $3 in Plenti Pts. when you spend $10 on this item.
So 4 bottles cost me $12(over the $10 threshold), minus 1 x $3/2 Suave ManuQ(from Sunday's inserts) + minus 1 x $3/2 Suave Load2Card Q.
$12-$6=$6 + $3 in Pts. back.
BUT.....there is a SavingStar electronic Q for $3/2 Suave 'Poos so I'll get $3 in a cash back rebate in that account making this deal $12-$6Qs=$6-$3 Pts.=$3-$3 Savingstar rebate=$0.
Free 'Poo!

Going into this transaction I had $16 in Plenti Pts.

At the register the money was like this.....
$32.86 Subtotal, Minus $13 in Qs, Equals $19.86.  I used $14 of my Points(since my items would give me back $14 in Points)which brought the total to $5.86 + .96¢ tax=$6.82.
I paid $6.82 with my Rite-Aid gift card.
I got $14 in new Plenti Pts.
I'll get $3 of the $6.82 I spent on the gift card back in a rebate, effectively making everything "cost" $3.82, which is basically 3/4 of the price of the cases of water plus tax.
$47.79 worth of regular retail goods for $3.82.

And I still have $16 in Plenti points.

The one good thing about this new Plenti Points system is that I don't have to "spend" my points within 2 weeks like with the +Up Rewards system.
So I don't have to buy anything every 2 weeks if I don't want/need to.  I have 2 years to spend these Plenti pts. which leads to a lot slower accumulation of toiletries/HBA items.
Instead of a trip at least once every 2 weeks, I can just go when I am either out of something(not happening anytime soon!lol)or if there is something free after sale/Qs/pts.

Much better plan all-around.

Of course the deals just aren't as good anymore so there's the downside.

Moving on............

I also stopped in at Weis while I was out.
There are 2 deals worth doing this week there for me and both are running off of reg. shelf/retail price and not the sale prices of the items!
1-low cost Vlasic pickles, Wishbone salad dressing and condiments.  The deal is spend $15 and get $3 instantly back.
We are totally out of yellow mustard and I "heart" pickles so those both were going to part of the deal I ran.
2-low cost assorted Kraft owned brands from Kool-Aid to coffee to cheese.  The deal is spend $20 and get $5 instantly back.
Can you say more cheap cheese like that week this past June?!?

I ran each deal once(limit of 1 offer per transaction)and ended up paying $1 an item for the pickle/condiment group and .50¢ an item for the Kraft group.

I made a video about this shopping trip and you can see it HERE.
Please excuse my grammar in it as I kept saying "was" in reference to plural subjects instead of "were".  I blame the lack of oxygen in the air here.  ;-)

As for the Kraft Deal at Weis, even if you have no coupons and just buy the Cracker Barrel brand cheese logs you'll spend OOP $5 on 5-8 oz. logs so $1 per item, making this $2 a pound for cheese.  Where else are going to pay that little for cheese??
So get to Weis this week and get your cheese on.....


Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Free razors!?! They are SO expensive here! I've learned to like hairy legs lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pulling up my coupon bootstraps and am going to get back into the swing - much harder for deals and coupons in Canada but so worth it. You are still the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that I can save the points but the deals are really not there any more. Our grocery adds are crap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made my day!!!! I missed the RA deals. CVS has been misery lately. I barely go in there. And they never have the things that I have rainchecks for. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had a Weiss! I could do with some cheese deals.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.