Monday, May 25, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "Adventures in Eating" Edition--
 
A very good fried shrimp  I ate last week.  Jumbo shrimp is such an oxymoron, isn't it?
 
Anyway, onward to the meal planning!
 
Here's what was planned last week.......

1.  Nothing
2.  Nothing
3.  Nothing
4.  Nothing
5.  Nothing
6.  Nothing
7.  Nothing
 
And this is what actually happened--
(Other than 1 breakfast we ate out on Monday noted below, all breakfasts were hotel breakfasts and not worth recounting.  I had either oatmeal or eggs, yogurt or fruit with sometimes some breakfast meat or not.  No carby waffles, pancakes, pastries, toast, bagels or cold cereal for me.  Drinks were either milk, iced water or hot tea.)

1. 
Lunch-homemade burger at a bar with unsweetened iced tea  Dinner-Grilled chicken breast, steamed broccoli, roll and small salad with water

2. 
Breakfast-ham biscuit wit milk, fried apples biscuit(eaten later) Lunch-no lunch, Dinner-Fried rice, veggies and meat(mine was shrimp tho, not chicken) with iced tea

3. 
Lunch-steak and salad with water  Dinner-A crab cake appetizer with spinach, corn, bean salad and a Greek type salad with water

4. 
Lunch-ribs, beans, coleslaw, pork sandwich with unsweetened iced tea  Dinner-a chicken salad sandwich and a side of raw veggies and Italian dressing 
5. 
Lunch-pork tenderloin sandwich, a tossed salad with water  Dinner-serving of beef lasagna and too many breadsticks and a cannoli for dessert with iced tea 
6. 
 


Lunch-wild boar and duck burger with homemade pecan root beer  Dinner-whole catfish and jumbo shrimp with corn and coleslaw with water
 
7.  Lunch-chicken fingers, cole slaw and fries with unsweetened iced tea   Dinner-Go see my dinner on Saturday HERE
I had that with a G2 Gatorade.
I also had a crawfish egg roll and a bite of Boudin sausage at the festival that evening.

Last week I made 0 trips to the grocery store since we aren't home.  I don't know what College Boy spent yet at the store, but I suspect it wasn't much(if anything).  I'll update the food spending when we get back.
No Rite-Aid trips either.

Our eating out totals are quite high but eating out doesn't come out of the monthly food budget.
 

This coming week there is still no plan so come back next Monday to see what interesting things we had on Week 2 of our Adventures in Eating Away From Home! ;-)
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Pork sandwich and ribs at one meal! Lady, you know how to eat. I guess that made up for the no-lunch one day. That whole catfish spoke to me. I am not in the least hungry, but I am drooling for catfish!

    How should I remember last week?...lol. But I like your plan.

    I plan to take frozen, cooked chicken breast from the freezer if I get hungry any day. Today, I plan to make a fruit salad with bananas, Red Delicious apples, and white grapes with a dollop of Miracle Whip. It will be enough for several people, but it will be eaten by me. Since cherries are $1,98/lb. at Sprouts, I will get some of those for tomorrow.

    Wednesday, when exbf is here, we will have chicken on salad for lunch and church dinner that evening. That is as far as I have planned.

    Live Long and Eat Well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my I would love a muffalata. I love all the flavors alone but when they are all together it's a mouth party. Have fun on your trip and experience as many flavors of the area as you can. I love the food in La.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had room service for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nothing list is a marvelous list indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to plan ahead, but it's usually, "what hasn't the boy eaten up today that I wanted to have for dinner?" All I know is, we're having pizza for supper...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you and Sonya Ann run away together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muito logo isto site será famoso em meio todos blog visitantes, devido à é fastidioso posts

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.