Monday, April 13, 2015

This Week on the Dining Table

The "The Sun Finally Came Out, It Warmed Up & We Went Out" Edition.....

It hit 64F degrees here yesterday so we went out for a bit.
We had lunch at Bob Evans(cuz I had a coupon!lol).  They have a mailbox as part of their exterior décor at the restaurant....I guess to give it a "home" feeling, right?

 
 
Well just to prove that there are idiots walking around among us, they needed to post this sign on the mailbox........
 
 
It says, "Not For U.S. Mail Decoration Only".
I guess some moron tried to put outgoing mail in the thing. 8-P
 

Anyway, onward to the meal planning!
 
Here's what was planned last week.......

1.  Easter ham, deviled eggs, mac & cheese, mixed Italian veggies, sweet potatoes
2.  grilled fish, leftover Easter side dishes
3.  chicken marsala, mashed potatoes, asparagus
4.  Assorted leftovers
5.  Boston baked beans, assorted leftovers
6.  leftover Popeye's meal stuff
7.  quiche leftovers

And this is what actually happened--

1.  Easter ham, deviled eggs, mac & cheese, mixed Italian veggies, sweet potatoes
2.  leftover Popeye's meal
3.  chicken marsala, mashed potatoes, asparagus
4.  leftover mac & cheese w/ham pieces, tomato and cuke salad
5.  leftover quiche, sugar snap peas
6.  Subway sandwiches
7.  leftover chicken marsala, mashed potatoes, corn

Everything went as planned except I didn't make the beans or the grilled fish meal.

Last week I made 1 trip to the Dollar Store and spent $9.00 OOP on $18.50 worth of reg. retail groceries.  Not quite NO grocery shopping but quite low.

I had 2 transactions at Rite-Aid last week and spend $1.55 OOP on $67.68 worth of toiletries.

For the week, $10.55 total spending on $86.18 worth of food/toiletries/HBA.


$172.32 spent of my $300 April food budget, leaving us $127.68 for the next 17 days of the month. 

Leftovers going into this week are--1 slice of quiche, corn, mac and cheese and a bit of ham and the bone. 
I will confess to a bit of food waste last week.  The leftover sloppy joe meat went moldy before I got a chance to use it up.  bleh.  Not a bit portion but wasting meat really chaps my hide because it is so expensive!
Why don't the junk foods ever go to waste? lolz

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Spaghetti and meatballs, salad
2.  Ham and bean soup
3.  Fish, potato salad, whatever veggies I can dig out of the freezer
4.  Kielbasa on rolls, grilled onions, Brussels sprouts
5.  Chicken and Confetti pepper fajitas
6.  Leftovers
7.  Maybe get Take-out or BLTs(if I can find some nice tomatoes this week)

1 night of leftovers and 5 nights of new dishes.  There will be leftovers of the spaghetti, potato salad, the soup and the fajitas and the take-out(if we get some) plus the quiche, corn and mac & cheese from last week.
 
What I need to buy for this menu......rolls, peppers, maybe tomatoes and we will need milk.  I plan on spending less than $20 this week.

 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?    

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I don't remember reading last weeks sale inserts, did I? I'm a mess. Your menu sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easter Sunday had no inserts.

      Delete
    2. WM had 3 lbs of Halos, $6.97, and I price-matched for $2.99.

      Delete
  2. We are fresh out of leftovers (finally) but with Kazi away for a couple of days I plan to scrounge. I have many many many frozen items I'd like to clear out of my freezer so this seems as good a time as any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've been gone for the past 5 days, no shopping for me! Meals will be catch as catch can!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLTs sound like something that might make it on the list. We are trying to eat down our stash and save money for our trip. Beans and rice so we can gamble more. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.