Wednesday, December 3, 2014

KMart Double Coupons


KMart is doing Double Coupons this week(up to 5 Qs double when you spend $25 or more)and as I had to go to KMart anyway for a pick-up this week, I put together a transaction using my Qs.
The point was to find items on sale this week at KMart and pair them up with high value Qs that would double.
I did moderately well but not great and I couldn't find enough $2 Qs to pair with sale items.
Here is the best I could do.  It's hard to do this AND being able to double only 5 Qs.
I also have to make sure everything I bought was stuff I could use.



4 x Ziploc bags on sale $3=$12.00
3 x Gear Deodorant on sale $4=$12.00
1 x Glade candle on sale=$3.00
SubTotal.....$27.00

Coupons Used
2 x $1/2 Ziploc IPQ(doubled)=$4.00
1 x BOGOFree Gear IPQ(not doubled)=$4.00
1 x $2/1 Gear IPQ(doubled)=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Glade IPQ(doubled)=$2.00
Coupon Total......$14.00

$27-$14=$13 + $.78 tax=$13.78 OOP

Well actually I didn't spend anything OOP because I used the rest of 2 gift cards with small balances on them I got last year for transferring RXs.

The BOGO Q didn't double obviously and the register wouldn't take 3 of the other 4 Qs.
Ugh.
Cashier said it's their system so she had to have a manager come over and put them through.
This transaction was a PITA as are most on the rare occasion I go to KMart.

But notice the Q the register spit out......

$5 off Grocery, Health Care and/or Beauty Care on a $5 purchase.
So basically I can get $5 of free stuff and if I buy grocery items there is no tax in PA.
Woohoo!

Also the Ziploc bags count toward a $5 rebate once I spend $22 on these products at SavingStar.
I am $10 away from that reward.
So I might just use this $5 Q to get 2 more boxes of Ziplocs at KMart.
I'd pay $1.06 OOP for them(I WOULD use another $1/2 Ziploc Q BUT typically you can't use other Qs with one of these Register Qs at KMart) and only need to purchase $4 more of Ziploc products to get my $5 rebate.

Sluggy

 

3 comments:

  1. The only way I have been able in the past to double coupons a KMart was to spend $25 or $30. Of course, you did spend that much. Hmmm, I will have to check and see if they changed their policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops. I see you stated the policy in the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.