Monday, November 17, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table



The "Feeling Better" Edition..........

My armpit is feeling much better so we went to a local brewery on Saturday to celebrate.
Imperial Cherry Stout hit the spot.
 
 
Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--

1.  Chicken Parmesan, Cabbage Saute
2.  Butternut Squash Ravioli, Tossed Salad
3.  Chicken and Dumplings
4.  Broccoli Soup
5.  Lasagna, Zuke Casserole
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers

 
And this is what actually happened--

1.  Chicken Parmesan, Cabbage Saute
2.  Butternut Squash Ravioli, Tossed Salad
3.  Chicken and Dumplings
4.  Broccoli Soup
5.  Lasagna
6.  Leftovers
7.  Leftovers
 
Everything prepared and served pretty much as planned last week.
Except for the Zuke Casserole which got made last night.
    
Last week I made 5 trips to 2 different markets and spent $156.87 on $241.53 worth of groceries.
I forgot the Target shop on Saturday so will add that into next week's grocery bill.
Even with all this spending I didn't spend enough at the local market to earn a $10 Thanksgiving Promotion Certificate. Can you believe that? lolz

I also did 3 transactions at Rite-Aid where I spent $1.22 on $38.29 of items there for the week.
$300.62  total spent for the month so far in November including Rite-Aid spending.  My budget was $350 for November so I have just short of $50 left to spend this month.
Somehow I don't think this will end well.  ;-)

Going into this week, in leftovers we have........2 servings of lasagna left, 2 bowls of chicken and dumplings, squash ravioli(1.5 servings of that one).

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Zuke Casserole
2.  Chicken & Dumplings(leftover)
3.  Lasagna or Ravioli(leftover)
4.  Zuke in Tomato Sauce, Kielbasa on rolls
5.  Trout, leftover Zuke Casserole
6.  Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Brussel Sprouts
7.  Leftovers
 
What I need to buy for this menu.........nothing.
I still need to pick up a turkey for Turkey Day.  I picked up the produce for Turkey Day at the restaurant supply store Sunday so that's done.
 
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
How much did you spend on food so far in November?
 

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. I spent about $60 on groceries, but $40 of that was for the chicken. Since I have been without water for 21 days, there is not much incentive to cook, but yesterday the crockpot took care of another hen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that I like to spend more than save. I'm scaring me. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.