Tuesday, June 24, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "One More Week and June is Over" Edition.......

 
] High School is over as is Marching Band.  Can't believe this picture was taken over 8 MONTHS ago!  It seems like just yesterday.
 
We are one WEEK from being halfway through 2014.
Where did it go???

 
Here is my list of meals for the second half of June.----

16.  Broiled Salmon, Veggie, Cole Slaw(leftover)
17.  Leftover Beef Stroganoff & Mushroom Risotto, Roasted Cauliflower
18.  Hot Italian Sausage and Spaghetti, Salad
19.  Leftover Burgers and other leftover party foods
20.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
21.  Scallops and Shrimp en Croute, Veggie
22.  Pork Chops, Sautéed Cabbage, Macaroni Salad(leftover)
23.  BLT Sandwiches or Cheesesteaks-Diner's Choice
24.  Battered Fish Portions, leftover party food side dishes
25.  Pulled Pork Sandwiches(leftover), Coleslaw or Veggie
26.  Dinner out with #1Son
27.  Lasagna, Salad
28.  Burritos, Salad
29.  London Broil, Fettuccine w/Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
30.  Wild Card meal-not planned

And here is what we ate last week(in blue)and what is left to finish out June.......

16.  Broiled Salmon, Veggie, Cole Slaw(leftover)
17.  Leftover Beef Stroganoff and Mushroom Risotto, Roasted Cauliflower
18.  Hot Italian Sausage and Spaghetti, Salad
19.  Leftover Burgers and other leftover party foods
20.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
21.  Scallops and Shrimp en Croute, Veggie
22.  Pork Chops, Sautéed Cabbage, Macaroni Salad(leftover)
23.  BLT Sandwiches or Cheesesteaks-Diner's Choice
24.  Battered Fish Portions, leftover party food side dishes
25.  Pulled Pork Sandwiches(leftover), Coleslaw, Veggie
26.  Dinner out with #1Son
27.  Lasagna, Salad
28.  Burritos, Salad
29.  London Broil, Fettuccine w/Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
30.  Wild Card meal-not planned

Right now we have leftover--1 helping of Stroganoff, 2 fish planks, Spaghetti/Hot Sausage, Meatballs, Pulled Pork(which #1 Son will devour when he gets here lol).  We also still have some Potato Salad and ALOT of Baked Beans....why oh why did I buy that #10 sized can of them for the party? LOLZ

It's suppose to be hot today so I'll probably do the #23--BLTs/Cheesesteaks--tonight.

After tonight that leaves 6 meals on my list.
Wednesday we are going out to dinner for #1 Son's birthday meal to THIS PLACE and that is as far as I know for this week how the eating will go.


Last week I did a variety of small shops, $5.23 here, $37.25 there, etc.
Total spent on food came to $76.62, putting me at $297.35 spent on $472.30 regular retail so far in June.  That gives me a 37% savings rate so far this month with 6 days to go in my buying month.
If #1 Son and GF don't want to eat what is left on my menu list, it might involve more food buying this month so check back next Monday for the TWOTDT Post to see what happened.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Do you make a menu and how flexible is your plan?
 

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Well, the landlords' house was buzzing all over, with a lot of people in and out because of the break in (cops, the boyfriend, friends of the kids), so all my good intentions of eating down the last of my frozen items (Ital. Sausages) went out the door. I am uncomfortable enough cooking with people in the same room, let alone with a bunch of strangers. So I went for Chinese. I was starving and that town gives me no options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! IF I ever did a menu plan and plan ahead, the meals would mostly say, "Whatever slop you can put together because they shouldn't starve..." You don't have that ANYWHERE on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 10 lb. pack of legs and thighs I was going to cook on Monday, feed to exbf and send the rest home with him. That did not happen and he was not happy I never got around to it. My plans have changed.

    From now on, several meals of meat for him will be frozen so I don't have to cook meat when he is here. Some meat will go home with him, nor all of it. I am going today to get boneless, skinless chicken breasts for me. I always cook and freeze these in portions for me.

    Cooking will consist of chicken. I have free tomatoes and some bags of salad greens and a variety of fruit. so all is good. I need to go to the farmer's market and see what there is that I want.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.