Monday, June 2, 2014

Food & Toiletries Spending.....May Update

 Onward to May's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for MAY 2014.

I have posted May's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2014 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in May.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(3 at home this month)& 1 dog. No kids under 18.
******************

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $21.16
Qs/Ads  $12.71
Value  $33.87
Savings  37.52%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $117.76
Qs/Ads  $43.05
Value  $160.81
Savings  26.77%
 
SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $147.43
Qs/Ads  $93.93
Value  $241.36
Savings  38.91%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $238.28
Qs/Ads  $159.57
Value  $160.81
Savings  40.10%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Weis at 40.10%,  the Local Grocer at 38.91% and the Dollar General at 37.52%.  My WORST savings rate was at Maine Source at 26.77%.
I shopped at 4 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket........$524.63
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$309.26
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$833.89
TOTAL Savings of...................................37.08%

This closes out the May food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....

I went into May wanting to trim the spending to around $300.
Not.
Even.
Close.
LOLZ

Actually though I spent $333.20 for May through the 30th when we got home.  If I had waited until Sunday the 1st of June to do grocery shopping, instead of going out on Saturday the 31st of May, I would have been close.

Technically everything I bought on Saturday was for eating in June so the last $191.43 I spent in May should go on my June spending sheet, right?  8-)

I'll leave it on May's and try to stay under $400 for the rest of June.



LOOKING AHEAD TO JUNE......

Well we have a graduation party to throw and then #1 Son and his GF are coming to visit for a week at the end of June. 
So much for staying under $300 this month! lolz

 
If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

Total spend on food/toiletries so far this year.....$2,036.09
The average monthly food/toiletries spending this year so far is $407.22.
We are over $400 per month average now.  I will get it back under $400 as soon as possible.

 
How much did you spend on food/toiletries in May?
Do you track your yearly food spending?
 
Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. testing...aha, looks like I can comment now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.