Sunday, June 9, 2013

The "A" Triple Play

Well I have known for awhile that on my mother's side of things, I come from a line of French Huguenots who fled France around 1572.

But I never for the life of me thought I'd find a Huguenot connection on my father's side of the things....the Catholic side of things......and in, of all places Ireland!

I have a double dose of French blood it seems.....
Sacré  bleu!

And not only does this line make me a distant cousin of a known(or should that be infamous?)French Revolutionary & Anarchist in recent generations.

 
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION!
 
 
 
It also seems I come by my dramatic nature honestly, as this same line contains quite a few Irish "Scenery Chewers" aka "Stage Hams" aka Actors.



And to top things off, I appear to have a rather large contingency of relations in......
Australia!



Actors, Anarchists and Aussies......

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing what a diverse background most of us have -- what our parents remember/tell us is usually such a small bit of it. You're a good detective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair detective really....I get bored and impatient too easily.
      At this point, NOTHING I find would surprise me as far as ethnicity and point of origin. lol

      I just sent away for a DNA test kit too. I wonder what that will uncover....!

      Delete
  2. You are such a good detective, finding all this diversity in your past. What does your husband think about his Huguenot past?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Huguenots are mine, not Hubs. He is basically Sicilian, German and Dutch with an Irish Catholic thrown in here and there for good measure.

      Delete
  3. It's amazing what turns up when you research your family. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.