Monday, February 4, 2013

Meal Planning Feb. Week 2 & Food Spending Week 1

What do the White Rabbit and Sluggy have in common?
It's dinnertime here already and I am just now getting around to my weekly meal planning.
                                                                      

And here is what actually got served last week......


Sunday--KFC chicken, sides, biscuits
Monday--Pizza or Leftover KFC or Beef Tips
Tuesday--Steak dinner out(birthday meal)
Wednesday--Italian dinner out(birthday freebie)
Thursday--Sloppy Joes, corn
Friday--Fend for Yourself
Saturday--Chinese take-out(I had Eggplant in Garlic Sauce) 

I actually "cooked" but once last week.....IF you can call Sloppy Joes cooking. lol

The food spending last week?
Well it's only a couple of days since most of last week was still January(so that spending went onto my Jan. spending totals), but I was able to spend a whopping $72.18 on Saturday.  Granted $2.12 of that was tax, I stocked up on Mexican items(tortillas, salsa $8.75)and $33.75 of the spending was on dog foods.  The rest, $27.56, was spent on milk, fruit, veggies, bread and chicken.  I also received $11 in Catalinas for buying the pet food so I have future savings.

I am left at this point with $327.82 in my food budget for February.

As for leftovers rolling into this week--not much beyond a helping of Sloppy Joes is left and some rolls.  Hard to have leftovers if you don't actually cook or eat at home much in a week. lol
I didn't serve 2 of the meals last week so they roll over into this week.

***********************

Here is what is getting served this week.....

Sunday--Chicken Fajitas
Monday--Taco Bell or Fend for Yourself
Tuesday--Salmon, Green Bean Casserole
Wednesday--Ham and Bean Soup, homemade Bread
Thursday--Hot Dogs, Beans, Corn
Friday--Ravioli, Sausage Sauce, Caesar Salad
Saturday--Leftovers

Taco Bell for #2 Son this week but the rest of us are staying away from the fast food.

Needed at the store to serve the meals I am making this week?
Salad Greens and celery are needed.  I also need fruit and a few other things.   I haven't looked at the ads yet to see if there are any deals.  I'm looking to stay out of the stores so I'll try to keep the spending at $35 this week.


I'll be going to my 2 grocery stores this week to note prices for the new Price Book. 
What's on your menu for the week?  Any good deals at the grocers this week?
Did you have any food waste this week?



Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I have the odd feeling that you will be changing your price book soon. Gas is at $3.74 a gallon here and I'm not sure what will happen when we have to pay for the summer mix. I am guessing that everything will shoot up. And that will be $5 for telling your fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday: meatloaf, field peas/snaps,Brussel sprouts
    Tuesday: meatloaf, field/snaps, Brussel sprouts
    Wednesday:chicken, carrots, tomatoes on salad
    Thursday: meatloaf, turnip greens, carrots
    Friday:chicken, pasta, green beans, sweet potato
    Saturday: leftovers of what I have eaten this week.

    Tonight, I am freezing part of the meatloaf and part of the chicken for meals next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have to worry about what to cook, but I was told that I need to find a sale on ground beef. We are out and Hubby always makes a heart shaped meatloaf for
    Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.