I had $30+ in +Up Rewards to spend and/or roll before Saturday night.
Not alot this week I want/need that would let me roll more than I spent down.
That's how Rite-Aid gets you.......they give you a week with a ridiculous number of great deals, so that you end up with lots and lots of +Up Rewards, and then for the next 2 weeks(that's how long you have before most +Ups expire) the store has nothing.....nada......no opportunities to roll those +Ups.
So it was off to Rite-Aid to shop......
1 x Bayer aspirin (used raincheck)=$3.00
4 x Dawn dish soap(used raincheck .97¢ea.)=$3.88
2 x Glad trash bags on sale($4.49ea.)=$8.98
2 x Playtex Ortho binkies 20% Wellness discount($4.39ea.)=$8.78
2 x Conair hair brushes BOGOF sale=$9.19
1 x Conair comb 20% Wellness discount=$2.23
1 x $3/1 Bayer ManuQ=$3.00
2 x $1/2 Dawn dish soap ManuQ(P&G insert)=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Glad trash bags AdPerksQ=$4.00
1 x $2/2 Playtex Ortho binkies IPQ=$2.00
I used $25 in expiring +Up Rewards.
$25.06-$25 +Ups=$.06 + $.15tax=$.21 OOP.
I put the 21¢ on my trusty Rite-Aid gift card.
I received back $13 in new +Ups(2 x $4 for the Binkies, $5 WYB $10 in Conair items).
And here's the analysis.....
* The aspirin was free after Q and raincheck. This was a free with +Ups deal last month that my store has been out of since then. I'm happy they got some in before the Q expired later this month. With 3 kids there is always a need for headache medication.lol
* With the $1/2 Qs and raincheck, the Dawn came out to .47¢ per bottle. Dish soap is a staple in my stockpile. It doesn't go bad and it's something you need.
* Glad trash bags are on sale at R-A this week for a decent price-$4.49. By pairing this sale with the August AdPerks $2 off Glad products Q, they are $2.49 a box. If you have a ManuQ to stack with this AdPerksQ, you can get them for even cheaper this week. Again, I like to keep a stockpile of these items.
* Select Playtex baby products produce a $4 +Up this week, including these pacifier packs. The binkies are NOT on sale but if you have a Wellness discount, they are under $1 each after discount, the Q and +Ups you receive back. This is not something I need, but it was good for rolling expiring +Ups AND I'll either wrap them up for my "baby is due any day" friend or I'll tuck them back for another gift opportunity. They don't take up much room so I don't mind hanging onto them for now.
* Now to the deal that got me excited!
The hair brushes.
This week the Conair brushes are BOGO free. Plus there is a $5 +Ups when you buy $10 in these products.
I got 2 boar bristle(the GOOD ones!)brushes for the price of one--$9.19.
I had to buy a small item to get me to $10 spent, so I also got the black comb, which cost me $2.23 after Wellness discount. Since I didn't get 2 combs, my 20% Wellness discount kicked in on that item.
I spent $11.42 on 2 good brushes and a comb and I got a $5 +Ups back.
In the end I spent $6.42 on 2 good quality hair brushes and a comb.
I can match that deal anywhere!
One of them is going into #2 Son's Xmas stocking and the other I'll keep in reserve for when he loses the one Santa brings. 8-P
Pardon me for gushing over these brushes......
I used $25 in +Ups.....$13 was rolled, $12 was spent.
I still have $9 to spend/roll before Saturday is out.
August Grand Totals so far this month.....
Out Of Pocket....$0 cash
Value of items bought....$321.16
Savings Rate of 100%
Single Check Rebate due....$2.00
After SCR applied, Out of Pocket....Still $0
Savings Rate Still 100%
+Ups at beginning of month...$14+