Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat....I'm Back!


I am back for CARLA'S Sunday Night Chit-Chat.  Go check out the rules on her site and then join in!


What are you...

Reading?
I am finally almost through "Do-Over!"


It's not a long/hard read but I just had a problem getting into it. The way I've been lately, I would have had problems getting "into" most any book. Once I did get a couple of chapters in, it was easy going.  It's a fun, light read and has a few wisdom-type nuggets in it.  A thumbs up. ;-)


Watching?
I'll be watching "Finding Your Roots" on the local PBS channel tonight.
It's along the lines of the NBC show "Who Do You Think You Are", which follows back the ancestors of famous/notable folks.  The Narrator Henry Louis Gates Jr., if you know who he is, has a well-known agenda which "colors" the show(no pun intended).  Sometimes it works itself seamlessly into the fabric of the show and sometimes it's obviously brought front and center and smacking you in the guilt centers of your sensibilities if you are of the caucasian persuasion.  Sometimes the points he makes are ones that need to be made and sometimes it's the same old crap.  On the surface I enjoy this genealogy show but sometimes the subtext does nothing to enhance it.  That and the fact that I don't agree with some of his politics probably turns me off sometimes too.

Anybody watch this?
What do you think?....I mean, what do you really think??

Listening to?
#2 Son practicing his flute.  It went to the shop for repairs earlier this week and he just got it back on Friday.  He was gone all day today for a Jazz Competition(where he plays bass)so this is the first time he's had to practice again with his flute.  He's got a lesson tomorrow.   Here's what he's working on now....


(PS-That is NOT my son in the video.lol)

Cooking/Baking?
Not today.  Since #2 Son was gone all day we didn't know if he'd want dinner tonight.  I don't like to cook for just Hubs and I.  I guess I'm going to have to learn to just make little meals soon, huh?

Happy you accomplished this week?
Got my new wand scanner so I can get to all these photos I need to digitize!  Wait.....I just realized I made MORE WORK for myself!! ack

Looking forward to next week?
This week is suppose to be super WARM for April.  I'm trying to talk Hubs into turning off the heat.  I might try to get outside and weed the front bed since my sinus meds are starting to take hold finally.  I usually start them in April so that by May when things start throwing pollen all over I am protected.  But everything is a month ahead of schedule in the throwing pollen department but I didn't get my meds a month early.  *sigh*

Thankful for today?
Allergy Meds
Tax Refunds
Having meals made ahead and in the freezer so I didn't have to cook today.
Nicer weather

***
Your turn!!
Reading?
Watching?
Listening to?
Cooking/Baking?
Happy you accomplished this week?
Looking forward to next week?
Thankful for today?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Book looks interesting enough! I have no idea what it would be like to cook for 2, wanna come over here and cook for 6 instead?! haha!!! ;) Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks very interesting to me. I can't quite read the cover description, but I am a kindergarten teacher and the cover guy made me laugh - wish we had some specific adults come in and hang with us. I am off to amazon to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I was SO going to ask if that was your son!
    Looking forward to finishing this stinking prom dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.