Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rite-Aid This Week......Through the Reading Glasses

Here are my 2 transactions at Rite-Aid this week taking advantage of the "Power of 3".....first on the BIL's card....


1 x Foster Grant glasses BOGO50=$9.99
1 x Foster Grant glasses BOGO50=$4.99
1 x Foster Grant glasses w/20% Wellness disc.=$7.99
SubTotal....$22.97
Used  $12 in +Ups=$10.97 + $.66 tax=$11.63 OOP
I put that all in my R-A gift cards(I actually used up the gift card I've been using since last August and started on another one.lol).

I got back 2 $15 +Ups....1 for the first 2 pairs and 1 for the third pair.
Some deals(the ones that require you to buy 2 items)trigger a second +Ups when you buy a third item instead of waiting until you buy the fourth item to trigger the next +Ups.  The Reading Glasses Deal is one such scenario. (It was triggering a $15 +Ups for EACH pair purchased but that glitch has been fixed.)

Then a transaction using my card......




1 x Foster Grant glasses BOGO50=$9.99
1 x Foster Grant glasses BOGO50=$4.99
1 x Foster Grant glasses w/20% Wellness disc.=$7.99
2 x Huggies Wipes on sale BOGO50($4.29)=$6.43
1 x Gain dish soap on sale=$.89
1 x Trident gum w/20% Wellness disc.=$1.19
SubTotal....$31.48

I used 1 x $1/2 Huggies ManuQ....$31.48-$1=$30.48
I used the 2 x $15 +Ups I got earlier to pay....$30.48-$30=$.48 OOP
I put the .48¢ on my R-A gift card.
I received 2 x $15 +Ups for buying the reading glasses leaving me $30 in +Ups to roll.

My receipt shows $24 more toward the $100 needed for the $20 Winter Reward for a total of $74.  Only $26 left to buy on this card to get the Reward and I have 2 more weeks to accomplish this feat.

I got a raincheck for the GE CFL lightbulbs that are free this week(after $3 in-ad Q and $1 ManuQ from the inserts).  They stapled the In-ad Q to the raincheck and noted it on the slip so I can get the sale price after this week is over.  If the bulbs come in before March 3rd it will count toward the Winter Reward +Up Deal too.

The reading glasses will go to the Food Bank(after I check with BIL if he wants/needs any of them first as he doesn't use prescription lenses but he may use "cheaters"). 8-)

It feels strange to me to be finished with my Rite-Aid shopping by Wednesday.  I've been delaying it and going on Saturday late afternoon or evening since 2012 began.

What did y'all get at Rite-Aid this week?

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Since I am completely envious and have no idea about RiteAid, I have a question. Can you use your rewards from your BIL to pay for stuff you got with your card. Is it like Wags or like CVS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonyaAnn--Yes, you can and I do!lol At least for now since they are working on making rewards unique to each card/account like CVS does. When that day comes my Rite-aid glory days will be behind me....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.