Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July Food Spending Week 2......Low Spend Finally!

I am going to update each week in July on my food spending. After the last 2 months of going over, maybe this will help me stay on track more if all of y'all are watching me.....watching me in a good way, not the bad, creepy way. ;-)

In the 2nd 7 days of July I made NO trips to the grocery store!
No trips to the store between July 3rd and 14th and we've been eating from the stockpile so our spending for July remains at $66.72.

Last week I cooked Ribs, a Pork Roast Dinner and something else I can't recall now.....gee I sure miss my brain some days.
Hubs was out of town for 2 days so I got #2 son Taco Bell and other crap and I had whatever I could scrounge here.  The other nights were Leftovers meals.

Here is what we are having this week....

SUNDAY--Sloppy Joes, Squash Casserole
MONDAY--Leftovers
TUESDAY--Tacos, Watermelon
WEDNESDAY--Ham Steak, Potato Salad, Cantaloupe
THURSDAY--Chicken Casserole
FRIDAY--Leftovers
SATURDAY--Salmon, Potato Salad, Braised Green Beans

Though I hadn't shopped for food from July 8-14, I did go out on the 15th and I do need a few things for this week's Thur-Sat. meals so I'll have shopping to report in on after the 21st.  I need to buy Broccoli, Cucumbers, a head of Lettuce and Salmon today or tomorrow.  We haven't had salmon in a long time here because of the price.  It's on special this week so I'll buy some extra to throw into the freezer.  Not a lot extra since a "special" on salmon is still not cheap.lol  I'll also pick up Eggs this week for the quiche I plan on making next week, since eggs are on sale this week.
I figure I'll spend $20 on these things, maybe less is I can get to the farm and they have the produce I need.

How about you?  Are you eating from your pantry/stockpile this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to put together a beef stew in the crock pot to cook on high all afternoon. I *hope* it comes out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a work in progress at our house. I'm trying but we always need something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great, Sluggy!

    I wanted to watch you in a creepy way, but I guess I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McVal--I hope the stew turned out well.

    SonyaAnn--Yah, same here. After 2 months of overspending on the food budget I'll get it low but give me a month or two and I'll be right back to busting out again!lol

    Frances--Thanks Frances...in a creepy sort of way.lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.