Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Points to Ponder Post

 Here's something to consider.....

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.”
-Attributed to Alexander Fraser Tytler   an 18th Century Scottish born, British lawyer and writer


I see a whole bunch of truth in this quote.
I also fear we are past our apex in this country and sliding quickly toward that monarchy.

Sluggy

3 comments:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.