Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Fun at Rite-Aid......2 Shops

#2 son tagged along with me this morning up to Rite-Aid because he said he was bored.
He MUST BE, to want to go shopping with me, right?lol
Actually, he DID have an ulterior motive....he wanted a Zippo lighter.  Hubs thinks he is responsible enough so he lets #2 son burn incense in his room.  #2 son wants to be cool and own a lighter to light his incense.
He saw one he wants last night at Rite-Aid and if I pay with my wellness discount he'll get it cheaper.
That's my son!lolol

So we went in and right at the door was all the Halloween candy marked down to 75% off....Reese's and Butterfingers, etc. for $1 a bag.  Instantly #2 son forgot the lighter plan and was drawn zombie-like to the chocolate, clutching a $20 bill in his hand.....

I had a $10 +Ups that had to be rolled or spent this week and I didn't see much to roll it into another $10's worth of +Ups or a high enough SCRebate, so I blew that $10 +Ups on candy.  Yeah, not the brightest idea I've ever had but whattheheck. ;-)  I'll stash it away for Christmas or dole it out in small chunks so #2 son doesn't inhale it all by Wednesday.

Here's what we did.....


1 x Zippo Lighter w/Wellness disc.=$10.39 *Not Pictured*
2 x Nivea Men's Body Wash on sale $3.99=$7.98(there was no +Ups deal signage on the shelf)
1 x Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste on sale=$3.49
1 x Oral-B Clinical Toothbrush on sale=$2.99
1 x Brach's candy corn 75% off=$.25
4 x Beggin' Strips dog treats on sale BOGO($3.99)=$7.98
SubTotal....$33.08

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25=$5.00
2 x $3/1 Nivea Men's Body Wash IPQ=$6.00
1 x $1/1 Crest Toothpaste ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Oral-B Toothbrush ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Oral-B Toothbrush RA Flu BookletQ=$1.00
1 x $4/4 Beggin' Strips ManuQ=$4.00
Coupon Total....$18.00*

$33.08-$18.00=$15.08

$15.08-$15 +Ups=$.08 Out of Pocket put on free Rite-Aid gift card

*Actually I used $15 in +Ups instead of my son's cash & a few $ in +Ups, and I kept the $11 cash(light w/disc. + tax), so basically I flipped $11 worth of +Ups.
And there were $1/2 Peelie Qs on 2 of the Beggin' Strips I noticed after the transaction was done so I got $2 cash back for those Qs, so the transaction ended up looking like this....
$.08 on gift card
$13 cash back to me(son's $ and $2 for Qs)
$15 +Ups spent($13 of it flipped into Cash, $2 actually 'spent')

And I received $7.49 in +Ups back($1 x2 Nivea, $2.50 Crest toothpaste, $2.99 Oral-B toothbrush), instead of being 'down' $2+Ups, I am 'up' $5.49 +Ups.
I know this is perfectly clear.....lol

Moving on......



2 x Newspapers .99¢=$1.98 *Not Pictured*
2 x Garnier Herbashine Color on sale $5.99=$11.98
1 x Garnier Dandruff 'Poo on sale=$3.99
1 x $1.99 18-pack candy bars(#2 son's purchase)=$1.99 *Not Pictured*
9 x $.99 bags of Halloween chocolate on clearance=$8.91
SubTotal....$28.85

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25 AdPerks/VV Q=$5.00
2 x $3/1 Garnier Herbashine Color IPQ=$6.00
2 x $2/1 Garnier Herbashine AdPerks/VV Q=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Garnier Anti-dandruff 'Poo IPQ=$1.00
1 x $2/1 Garnier Anti-dandruff 'Poo AdPerks/VV Q=$2.00
Coupon Total...$18.00

$28.85-$18.00=$10.85
I used my $10 +Ups to pay, which left a total of $.85 out of pocket to put on my Rite-Aid gift card.
I received back $5 +Ups Reward for purchasing $15 in Garnier in one transaction.
#2 son gave me $1.99 for his candy bar pack, so I flipped $2 of that $10 in +Ups I spent back into cash.

THESE TRIPS
Total Spent....$.93(put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$119.58
SCR qualified for...$0.00
Gift Cards earned....$0.00
+Up Rewards earned...$12.49
+Up Rewards spent...$25.00
+Up Rewards left to spend....$28.49

GRAND TOTALS--November Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......14
Total Spent....$7.69 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$692.24
SCR qualified for....$12.00
Other Cash....$14.99
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$0.00

+UPS Totals for Nov. SCR period
+Up Rewards carryover from 11/6.....$41.00
+Up Rewards spent....$55.00
+Up Rewards earned....$60.49
+Up Rewards left....$28.49



Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Thats a great deal on the Beggin Strips. I know that I could never do those calculations in my head. I would be there with my phone trying to figure out if I got to 25 dollars yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances--Thanks for stopping by Frances!

    April--April, I rarely do the calculations in my head...I write them down on paper and bring that to the store.lol I also bring my calculator with me to figure my wellness discount price on occasion as well as any last minute things I see. The Beggin' Stips were a really good deal and that was before the $5 off $25 coupon too. With those 2 peelie Qs added in, 4 bags cost me $1.99, so 50 cents each! I'm just thankful the store had 4 bags(they had 7 actually)....usually on items like this they don't stock many.
    My advice is to have your transaction written down and the math figured out BEFORE you hit the store. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Instantly #2 son forgot the lighter plan and was drawn zombie-like to the chocolate, clutching a $20 bill in his hand....."

    ROFL!!! I can totally picture this.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.