Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rite-Aid Wellness Discounts Information....Will You Look at That!

Look at what printed out on my receipt at Rite-Aid on Saturday.....
It's sort of fuzzy(thanks to my non-close up taking camera)but it says I get the 20% discount everyday not through the end of 2010....No No NO!....but through the end of 2011!

I had thought that once you earned the Gold Level discount it was valid through the calendar year in which it was earned.  The Manager of the Night at Rite-Aid tried to explain it to me, not quite understanding the reasoning behind it herself, that yes, you earn the 20% off level and keep it for the remainder of the year in which it's earned but, you get it for the following year too.  And during the 2nd year, Rite-Aid will begin tallying your spending toward the Gold level discount for the next year(2012).  If you spend enough in 2011 to reach the 20% discount level again, then your discount level will just roll over and there will be no interruption in your discount level.  But if next year, I don't spend enough to earn the 20% disc. for 2012, then at the end of 2011 I lose any discount and drop to zero spending and have to start accumulating points toward the discount from scratch.
Or at least that it how it sounded...

Now I have no clue what happens if you are at the Silver Level by the end of 2010(and got the 1 time 10% off certificate).  Do you keep at that level and build from there in 2011 or do you drop back down to zero because you didn't get to the highest discount level?

Maybe I'll have to email my Corporate "Mole" and find out, if anyone out there is interested. ;-)

I don't know if I can really sustain this level of shopping at Rite-Aid for another whole year.   It is draining sometimes....
But family here is flush with toothpaste, deodorant and body wash.  And as a bonus, the local food bank(which also takes HBA donations)will be thrilled next month when I show up and back up my car to the door.  I've got 4 boxes of items to take and there's still time and money on my gift card yet!lol

Ho ho ho!!


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. That is very exciting news you reached gold status. I bet you can spend another 1000 dollars at Rite Aid no problem in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.