Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meal Plan Monday, er.....Tuesday



I'm getting back into writing down a Meal Plan for the week.
I run my Meal Plan here at Chez Sluggy from Sunday to Saturday anyway so I am not wedded to posting it on Monday.
And seeing as I am a habitual procrastinator, usually my Meal Plan mondays turned into Meal Plan tuesdays anyway.lol
So here is this week's plan....

Sunday--Beef Stroganoff, Salad
Monday--TV Dinners or leftovers
Tuesday--Homemade Mac and Cheese, Collards
Wednesday--Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Thursday--Tacos, Corn
Friday--Fish and/or Crabcakes, Sauteed Green Beans w/Mushrooms, Potatoes of some kind
Saturday--Pasta with Meatballs, leftover Collards

Here's why I am serving some of this stuff....
Sunday--I had leftover steak to use up, so cut it up, slow cook it with onions, garlic, mushrooms, then throw in paprika, parsley, ketchup and sour cream and serve over rice.  Pretty fancy shmancy for leftovers, huh?

Tuesday--Hubs pulled up all the collard plants on Sunday, thus collards on the menu.  We haven't had a good homemade mac & cheese in awhile.  No meat needed with these 2 sides.

Wednesday--I have 1/2 of a restaurant sized can of creamed soup leftover to use up as well as some refrigerated pie crusts.  The soup will form the base of my sauce in the pot pie.  Frozen veggies and chicken so nothing to buy.

Saturday--Big pot of collards from Tuesday, so there will be leftovers to eat again.

I won't need to go to the grocery store for anything served this week.  The only thing I don't have here is tartar sauce for the crab cakes, but I'll make my own instead of buying a jar.
Planning your menu helps you eat large on little cost and eat healtheir.

So what is going to be on your plate this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I am getting hungry now. And I just had lunch a couple of hours ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances--Sorry about that. Next time I'll try not to post meal plans in the late afternoon.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, homemade mac n cheese--one of my faves! My menu plan is always done for me by E-Mealz which I love. :) I'm so busy these days that it's nice to have someone else tell me what to buy at the grocery, how to cook it and what's for dinner each night of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather--Thanks for coming by to read me today.
    I've started cheating w/my mac and cheese. I use to make the sauce from scratch but lately I've been 'starting' the sauce from a jar and adding my spices and cheese from there. This is a bit easier, takes less time than doing the bechamel from scratch and it helps to keep your sauce from breaking too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.