Monday, November 1, 2010

The Lost (Rite-Aid) Weekend

I spent alot of time at Rite-Aid this past weekend.
First I had lots of goodies still to bring home from last week's sales ad so I did 3 transactions on Saturday evening.
And I was right back up there Sunday afternoon doing 3 more transactions for the new sales week.  I had lots of coupons that were expiring on Sunday(Oct. 31st)so if I was going to do some deals, it had to be on Sunday.

*If you don't care about the "particulars", skip down to the Grand Totals at the bottom.

First Saturday's deals....I won't go into excrutiating details on these since the sales week is over for this stuff.
 With sales, Qs and +Up Rewards, this lot cost me $.23+$.04 tax, so $.27 OOP put on a free Rite-Aid gift card.  I used $8 +Ups and received $10 +Ups back(Chili, NYC, Halls).

Then I did this.....
Select Gillette men's items gave a $10 +Up Reward when you purchased $30 or more(before coupons).
With my 20% wellness discount the Gels were $3.83 and the Pro Series Washes were $6.39, making my pre-coupon total $30.66.
I had $20 in Qs and used a $10+Up from the Halloween candy I bought earlier in the week, which brought my total to $.66 to put on my RA gift card.
I received another $10 +Up.

I finished off the evening with this transaction.....

More Chili, more NYC Cosmetics, another Lady Speed Stick Deo, 4 more Lipton 1 Liter Teas(I had $.35 tearpad Qs-expiring Sunday-from a different Rite-Aid...no tearpads in this store).
Having 2 Flu Booklets, I was about to use 2 Peroxide Qs and 2 Dial Hand Soap Qs.  Each of these two items was on BOGO sale, so after Qs the Dial Hand Soaps were $1.29 for 2(2x$1/1 Qs off retail of $3.29)and the Peroxides were $.49 for both(2x$.50/1 Qs off retail of $1.49).
Total before Qs was $23.31.  After using a $4 off $20 and assorted coupons on each item, the total was $11.71 with tax.  I used $11 in +Up Rewards and put $.71 on my RA gift card.
I received $12 in +Ups back(Chili, NYC).
This transaction should have been $1 less but I picked up a $2.99 NYC lip gloss instead of a $1.99 one by mistake when I bought the 4 lip cosmetics I chose.

All in all, Saturday's transactions cost me $1.64 on my gift card and I used $30 +Up Rewards.  I received $32 in +Up Rewards.
So I gained $2 Ups in the course of these transactions.



As if that wasn't enough to make your eyes cross, here is Sunday's haul....

3 Tide 18 ct. Stain Booster thingies, on sale for $5.88.  I used the $3/1 Q that was expiring Sunday(10/31) and they each gave a $1 +Up, making them $1.88 ea. after Qs and +Ups.
2 Febreeze Warmers on sale for $2.49.  I used the $3/1 Q that was expiring Sunday and they each gave a $1 +Up, making them -$1.51 after Qs and +Ups.
1 St. Ives Scrub on sale for $3.99.  I used a $1/1 Q and will receive a $3 SCRebate on this item, making it -$.01 after Qs and SCR.
My total was over $25 so I could use a $5 off $25 Q and I used $5 in +Ups, making my grand total $.78 with tax(put on my gift card).  I received $5 in Ups back(3 x $1Tide and 2 x $1Febreeze).

2 Kendall AMD bandages on sale for $3.50.  I used 2 $2.50/1 Qs from the Allyou website, which made it $2 for both.  These will qualify for a $3 SCRebate so it's eventually a $1 moneymaker.
2 Folger's coffee on sale for $2.99.  I used 2 $1/1 MaunQs, which made the price $3.98 for both.  These gave me 2 x $1 +Ups back, so I ended up paying $1.98 for both( or .99¢each).
The Oral-B Toothbrush was a $12.49 clearance find behind the other Oral B electric Toothbrushes on the rack.  I used a $10/1 Oral-B Vitality Toothbrush Q from the 9/26 P&G insert(expired 10/31)and paired it with a Wellness IPQ for $1 off $10 of any Oral Card purchase, making the toothbrush cost $1.49 in the end.
My total before Qs was over $25 so I could use a $5 off $25 Q.
After all coupons and using $2 in +Ups, my OOP was $.57 with tax, which I put on my gift card.
I received $2 +Ups back, one for each Folger's coffee purchase.

And I finished up my trip with this transaction....


2 more Kendall AMD bandages, yadda, yadda....after SCR it's a $1 moneymaker.
1 bag of Dog Chow on sale for $4.99.  I used a $2/1 IPQ.  I got a $1 +Up so after that, the puppies can continue to eat for $1.99.
2 Febreeze Air Fresheners on sale for $2.49.  I used 2 $1/1 Qs and they produced a $1 +Ups each.  After +Ups these were $.49 each.
4 more Lipton Tea 1 liters with Wellness disc and $.35 Q cost $.44 each.
The Crest Toothpaste was on sale for $2.27.  I used a $1/1 ManuQ(10/10 P&G insert)and stacked it with a $1/1 Crest Pro-Health Paste Flu Booklet Q which dropped the price to $.27 after coupons.
The Trident gum did NOT ring up BOGO as the ad stated so instead of a $6.97 after Qs total and using $6 in +Ups, the total was $7.86 after Qs and I had to use $7 in +Ups and I obtained a $.89 cash refund for the difference in price for the gum.
I received $3 in +Ups back($1 Dog Food, $2 Febreeze)and the bandages qualify BIL's account for a $3 SCRebate.

With the Kendall bandages purchase I should have gotten a $5 +Ups for the Diabetes Deal(Between 9/26-12/25/10 purchase $30 in select items, receive a $5 +Up Rewards).
Between the Bayer AM I purchased on Friday and the Kendall today, I was well over the $30 mark, yet no +Ups printed.  I suppose I'll be on the phone with Corporate sometime today.....bleh.

Totals for Sunday.....
Spent $2.21 on gift card.
Received $.89 cash refund.
Spent $14 in +Up Rewards.
Received $10 in +Up Rewards back.
Qualified for $9.00 in SCRs.

I'm down $4 +Ups but up $9 cash in SCRs so we'll call it $5 in overage for these 3 transactions.

THESE 6 TRIPS
Total Spent....$3.85(put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$245.02
SCR qualified for...$9.00
Gift Cards earned....$0.00
+Up Rewards earned...$10.00
+Up Rewards spent...$14.00
+Up Rewards left to spend....$37.00


GRAND TOTALS--November Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......11
Total Spent....$6.59 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$503.33
SCR qualified for....$12.00
Other Cash....$0.00
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$0.00

+UPS Totals for Nov. SCR period
+Up Rewards carryover from 10/24....$24.00
+Up Rewards spent....$28.00
+Up Rewards earned....$41.00
+Up Rewards left....$37.00

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I really wish I had a Rite Aid. I need some chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the deals you get at Rite Aid. I'm so green! (with envy) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frances--If you want chili you need to come to my house, to my garage actually since all the chili at RA is here.lol

    LisaB.--Don't be green...unless you ate too much chili that is.lol

    Pretty--Yep, ya missed it. It ended Sat. 8-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, poop. :) that's okay, I'll just pull out ye olde crocke potte and make some up this weekend. but it sounded like a neat deal - too bad I wasn't reading up to speed on your posts!

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.