Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Want Caaaandyyyy!....Back to Rite-Aid for Chocolate

I still had some BOGO candy bar Qs in my pocket so I went traipsing back to Rite-Aid yesterday....

I won't bore you with the nit-picky figures.
Total before Coupons....$31.11
Coupon Total.....$21.03
Used $10 +Ups received for buying last mound of candy bars....$10.00
$31.11-$21.03-$10.00+Up=$.08 Out of Pocket.
And that 8¢ was put on my handy dandy free Rite-Aid gift card.

I should have bought 1 less $.50 candy bar and the OOP should have been $.18 but....
the cashier rang the 1st BOGO candy bar coupon for $1.59 and not the max. amount it allowed which was .99¢.  I caught it and told her so she rang the rest up correctly but she didn't go back and change that 1st one.
So I had an extra 50¢ to cover and threw in another 50¢ candy bar.
Oh, I received another $10 +Up Rewards for buying another batch of $25 worth of chocolate/candy advertising in the sales flyer.
So I basically just rolled that $10 +Up into more free candy bars and added a $1 +Up for buying the 2 Oatmeal boxes!

My teens are just thrilled to pieces with me lately!....I wonder why?  ;-)

Then I went back to the local store to pick up my Rxs last night and got this.....

2 x Quaker Oatmeal on sale $2.50=$5.00
2 x Pistaschios on sale $2.99=$5.98
2 x Colgate Toothpaste on sale BOGO=$3.79
1 x Lady Speed Stick Deodorant on sale=$2.95
1 x Aveeno Shampoo on sale=$5.99
2 x NYC cosmetics(1 Lip Gloss/1 Nail Polish) on sale BOGO=$1.99
SubTotal...$25.70

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25 from activating my wellness acct. online IPQ=$5.00
2 x $2/1 Quaker Oatmeal IPQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Pistachios IPQ(all you website)=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Colgate Total Toothpaste ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $1/1 Colgate product AdPerks/VV IPQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Speed Stick AdPerks/VV IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Speed Stick Flu Booklet Q=$1.00
1 x $4/1 Aveeno Hair item AdPerks/VV IPQ=$4.00
1 x $1/1 NYC item IPQ(all you website)=$1.00
Coupon Total....$22.00

$25.70-$22.00=$3.70
Used $3 in +Ups....$3.70-$3.00=$.70 Out of Pocket put on my Rite-Aid gift card.
I received $6 in +Up Rewards back....($1 WYB 2 Quaker, 2 x $1 Pistachios, $1 Aveeno, 2 x $1 NYC items)=$6.00
So I spent $3 +Ups and received $6 back.


A few comments....
*There is a AdPerks/VV Q that can be stacked with the In-ad Q to make the Deodorant $.99 OOP. The Deodorant Q is NOT serialized and can be printed and used more than once...but you have to print the number you want to have at once since you can't go back and print them again later once you have printed them.  The non-serialized Qs end with 122510(that's the expiration date for the Nov. viewed AdPerk/VV Qs).

*The Buy 1 NYC item, Get 1 NYC nail polish prints 1 $1 +Up Rewards for each item, even the free nail polish item.  Be sure to select the $1.99 nail polish and NOT the $.99 nail polish if you want the +Up to print.  The $.99 polishes do not produce a +Up Reward.


*It has come to my attention that you can use more than one AdPerks/VV Q in your order, even the serialized ones, which you can only print and use once.  You can only do this by accessing/having more than 1 AdPerk/VV account.  You can have other people print Qs from their AdPerk/VV accounts and give them to you to use in addition to your own AdPerk/VV Qs.  However you can only use 1 AdPerk Q per item(besides stacking ManuQs with them).  For example, I bought 2 Colgate Toothpastes.  I had 2 $1/1 Manu Colgate Qs, one for each tube.

I also had 2 $1/1 AdPerk/VV Colgate item Qs...one was from my account, one was from my BIL's account.  I stacked one of these Qs with each of the ManuQs for the toothpaste.  1 Adperk Colgate Q was in his name, 1 in mine.  Both scanned through with no beeps or problems.
I hope I made this point clear as mud. ;-)


THESE TRIPS Total Spent....$.78(put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$87.60
SCR qualified for...$0.00
Gift Cards earned....$0.00
+Up Rewards earned...$16.00
+Up Rewards spent...$13.00
+Up Rewards left to spend....$24.00

GRAND TOTALS--November Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......3
Total Spent....$1.38 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$138.48
SCR qualified for....$0.00
Other Cash....$0.00
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$0.00

+UPS Totals for Nov. SCR period
+Up Rewards carryover from 10/24....$21.00
+Up Rewards spent....$13.00
+Up Rewards earned....$17.00
+Up Rewards left....$25.00


Sluggy 

4 comments:

  1. As always... wow! Hey, have you heard about this $40 VV Contour Q that's apparently producing mucho overage for some people? I'm afraid to try it because even though the worst that could happen is the cashier would round down to the cost of the item so it would be free, I really don't need a glucose monitor and if I go in anticipating overage then not getting it, I'll be spending a lot more in the final OOP (or conversely, if I don't expect the overage then get it, there will be a boatload of scrambling at the register to add a bunch of filler I probably don't need either). Seems like a lot of stress...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are KILLING me! For the love of God, I think you post these just to make me jealous!
    But I will grudgingly tell you good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I found your blog a few weeks ago, I can't wait to read of all your Rite Aid deals. You are super good. I kinda quit shopping a Rite Aid because they run out of the sale items super quick and I'm not organized with my coupons. You may get me to try again.

    dicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty--I emailed ya privately. Let me just say that Rite-Aid policy is to NOT give overage on coupons. That being said, often I find that this is not what happens in actuality. Rite-Aid does have a policy to adjust any coupon down to the selling price of the item in question. Now, this is a sticky wicket because when RA goes to redeem the coupons they received to the manufacturers, they still receive the full value back on the face value of the coupon, so they are themselves getting Overage from the manufacturers. Hmmm....interesting, no?lol

    SonyaAnn---Yes! I DO post these RA trips just to turn you greener than O'Hara's beer on St. Patty's day...lolol ;-)

    dicity--Thanks for coming to see me, and coming back too! I hope I can help you with getting your Rite-Aid mojo back. ;-) The stores here run out of the hot deals fast also....I usually don't get to the stores on Sunday but even if I do, the stuff like the Nivea Lotion this week was long gone by noon....plus the Alka-Seltzer Fast stuff went FAST and I never saw any of it. I think RA grossly underestimates how much of some products they need to stock if an item is going to be a Hot seller. I don't know if it's the individual stores' employee who is in charge of ordering or if the problem is the warehouse withholding products or the manu. not supplying said products in time.
    It real doesn't matter in the ends because the product is still not there. sigh
    This is why I try to find and run the other deals in the ads...or try to find deals that include stuff I want/need instead of just buying the "this is free this week" stuff....tho free is always good.lol

    I'm going to write a post this coming week disecting how I put together a Rite-Aid shop so stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.