Saturday, September 25, 2010

Randomness on a Saturday

As I sit here contemplating one last run up to Rite-Aid before the September Single Check Rebate Period ends this evening, I've got some randomness on my mind to share.

Well, one thing I won't share since I'm expanding my thoughts on it into a full blown blog post all it's own.
I know, I know.....you can't wait for that, but you will have to. ;-)

* First I want to thank everyone who left comments on the passing of our BAGEL(Beagle/Basset Mix) Hound, Peanut.  Your heartfelt words were very much appreciated and touched me deeply even if I wasn't able to email and thank each one of you.
Peanut & I butted heads alot due to both of our rather large passive/aggressive streaks but he added joy to our family when he wasn't eating us out of house and home.  The photo above was one of the last ones taken of him before he left us.  It's fitting that he's sporting a rather large drool bubble on the left side of his muzzle(on the right facing the photo).  Though he was crippled and incontinent and half-deaf, in true Peanut style he NEVER lost his appetite when there was food around.   The week or so before he died he had resorted to opening up the cabinet where the trashcan was located.  #1 son always said Peanut was an idiot savant of the Dog World....dumb as a mud fence but when it came to food, he was a genuis.  ;-)

* Let me say that I sure didn't expect the negative reactions to THIS POST earlier this week.  I received quite a few hateful comments for my unvarnished honesty about my feelings on the subject.  Everyone has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round, right?
I'm cool with diverse opinions but....when you call me evil and a witch, how can I not feel a tad unloved?
Fortunately for me, I moderate all comments(due to spamming issues) so those comments won't be published. 
However, if the commentators in question would like to step up and not hide behind posting as "Anonymous", I am more than willing to put through their comments.
Sluggy ain't afraid of being called an ass as long as I know who is doing the calling. ;-)

* Tomorrow after harvesting yet MORE tomatoes and a few other things, we'll be putting some of the garden to bed for the year.  Basically all that's left in the garden is the aforementioned tomatoes, collard greens, peppers(red bells, roastings, jalapenos)and the butternut squashes.  Most of the fences will be coming down and some of the compost moved into the beds that we clear.  I will leave the collards until the 1st frost because every Southern gal knows that collards left to harvest until after a frost are sweeter and tastier.....

I'm also hoping to get some cleaning done Sunday while the manly men are home to help me with the heavy lifting and moving part of it.  Plus get some things into Hubs trunk so he can make a Salvation Army run this week.

* I'm waaay ahead of schedule for this coming week with my Meal Plan.  Between the meals we changed up this week and didn't fix/eat and the meal ideas I listed already using what we have on hand, I've got 10 meals now for the family to choose from.
And I really hope there is a good deal soon on pork here since I am down to my last package and it would be a good way to use those OYNO of meat Cats I need to use this coming week at Weis.

* I guess my "Call for PA Bloggers" was a raging failure, as I haven't heard a peep from anyone.  I have 2 local/sort of local PA blogs I follow.  Go check them out......HERE and HERE
Strictly Deal Bloggers who cover most stores in PA and are located around Philly are HERE and HERE.

* I just found out yesterday that my mother's family's Yearly Family Reunion is/was being held today/Saturday.  Would have been nice to have had some advance notice.  Oh well....
It's not like we could have attended anyway.  We are in the midst of Marching Band Season here so most Fridays and Saturdays are full up.  Fridays for football games and Saturdays for band tournaments.  Today #2 son is down near Quakertown PA for a tourney.  Hubs is driving the prop/equipment truck and I get to stay home with the doggies since Daughter is working and the pups can't go all day without food, water and toileting.  Just me and doggies....Do I have to mention that it's been a nice quiet day here?lol

Have a nice Sunday and I'll be talking to ya'll on Monday!

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. I missed some of your posts. I will have to go back and catch up. Sorry to hear of Peanut's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being down and out with a chest cold all week, I missed your post about Peanuts. I am so sorry and know how much you will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frances & Precious--Thanks muchly for your condolences. I find I am missing him many times during the day since he was the 'velcro dog'.....but I do feel about 35lbs. lighter now.lol
    I hope your cold goes away soon Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I'm sorry about your dear little Peanuts. I love my doggies and when we had to put our little Cocoa down (about 2 years ago) I was so sad. Then we got Sheba...the Jack Russell Terror..err..Terrier! LOL

    How funny about your son's band...I can't believe that there wasn't anyone else in their category!! And, I bet your hubby and son were exhausted! I would have hated to have gotten back at 1am...Getting home at around 10:45pm was bad enough! And, we didn't have to leave home until 11:15am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your dog!
    And about the RV post. HUH!! It's YOUR blog! You as the blogger can post about whatever feelings you've got about something. Can't you?
    I think some people (namely the naysayers) need to listen to my mom in this regard... If you don't have something nice to say about a post, don't say anything at all.
    Well - it wasn't really about blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for the PA linky mention!!!! I didn't even realize you did a call for PA bloggers - obviously, I missed that post. Time to go back and read up!!

    So sorry to hear about Peanut! We had one precious pup who could actually make himself look fluffier and cuter in an instant if food were even remotely involved. Dogs are very talented in that regard :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.