Friday, September 17, 2010

A Moooo-ving Tip for All My PA Readers

So I found about about a great freebie back in the Spring from one of the big Deal Blogs.  This particular freebie was for a coupon for a free container of Simply Smart milk, made by the Hood brand of dairy products, which was available if you signed up through Facebook.  I am all about the free(if it's something I am going to use or can give to someone else who will use it), so I signed up for the coupon to be mailed to me.

When that letter arrived, is when I discovered that there is a Ginormous DAIRY LOBBY within PA. Not only do we have state regulated minimum milk prices here in PA but companies located outside of PA are not allowed by PA law to send residents of PA free dairy product coupons. 
Don't you just love government monkeying with the free trade system in this country?

So along with the nice letter explaining why they can't mail me a coupon for a Free Container of Milk, was a check for $5.00.....to make up for the injustice of not being allowed to get free milk.  I could use it to go buy my own milk.
Also enclosed with my check from Hood was a coupon for a free container of Hershey's Milk or Milkshake.
The Hershey's FREE item coupon is perfectly fine since Hershey's is a huge corporation located within PA.
FYI--Hood LCC and Hershey's partnered to produce this line of chocolate milk drinks...Hood supplies the milk, Hershey's supplies the chocolate.   But if Hershey's(the PA company)is NOT supplying the milk that means Hood is so how come this free item coupon is allowable but not the coupon I sent away for?
Me thinks that not only is the PA Dairy lobby humongous but the Hershey Company lobby is just as powerful.
Hmmmm.....
I find it funny(as in weird)that Hood can NOT send me a free milk product coupon but if the Hershey's name is attached, it's A-Ok.
Just another example of government intruding into & screwing with your day-to-day life folks......

So the moral here?
If you are within PA, go ahead and send for those dairy product freebies anyway!
You won't get the freebie(unless it's a PA dairy or connected to Hershey) but you just might get something just as good OR BETTER(aka CA$H!)for your troubles. ;-)

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.