Friday, September 3, 2010

In the Land of Randomness...Welcome to My World!


* When I looked in the mirror this morning....at the crack of 10....the pic above is similar to what I saw....well, except for the wet nose.

* I forgot to mention in all of my recent blog posts that Hubs and I celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary last Saturday.  28 years married to the same man! I have been married longer in my life than I have been single....5 years longer.   Am I a throwback to a different time or what? ;-)

* I was suppose to report for Jury Duty next Tuesday and for the rest of the month of September(unless I was placed on a jury and finished my service before Sept. was over).  The same week I got the notice, I was selected to take part in an online chat/focus group that would pay me $25 an hour!....to sit and talk.  Of course it turns out the focus group is being held mid September. 8-(  And this is the 1st time I have EVER been offered this kind of work(at this level of pay!) though I've been signed up like....forever!
Since often times here, if you get called for duty, you never actually have to report, if they have no juries to seat for trials.  But you have to call every Friday to find out if you need to report the following week.  So I said yes to the online work and I'm crossing my fingers I don't have to report the week it's being held.  If it does conflict I'll have to back-out, gracefully of course.lol
How come nothing is ever simple in my life?

*Besides a load of laundry or 2 I've gotten nothing on my list accomplished.  Yet, I feel like I've run a marathon this week and just want to lay down and sleep for 10 hrs.

*My biggest accomplishment today, as Dr. Oz and Oprah would say, is having a really nice 'poop'.  I guess eating 10 pitted prunes(excuse me, they now call them dried dates, not prunes because prunes is an old person's fruit and they are attempting to market them to a younger crowd)will do that to your BM.  I really like prun....er....dried dates.  They sure blow prune juice out of the water as far as taste goes.  Um, maybe I should NOT have used the word "blow" here.....

*eBay is offering FREE LISTINGS until Sept. 7th....you still pay the final value fee if your item sells however.  I can't seem to get my stuff together enough to jump back into eBay and finish selling off the stuff boxed up in my living room....oh yeah, and all the stuff in my storage unit that isn't toiletries and toilet paper too.

*Some one near and dear to us called 3 days ago wanting to shop in my stockpile.  Come to find out they lost 1/4 of their income(which was very low to begin with)3 months ago and they don't have enough income/savings to cover what they spend each month and they are just letting some one know the pickle they are in now.  So I've been working with them for the last 2 days, getting them on a plan(plus directing them to available resources locally)so they can get through this month with what they have left.  If they succeed in following the plan for September, I have a plan for the next 3 months, that if followed, will net them some cash for an emergency fund/savings acct. by the end of the year.  I am crossing my fingers they can stick to the budget and some other 'things' and people that have a capability to derail the plan don't sabotage what can be accomplished here.  I'll be sitting down with one of the possible saboteurs this evening face-to-face for a frank, adult conversation.  Please keep good thoughts and prayers for me!

*Speaking of stockpiles.....I haven't added to it in weeks and it's being depleted at an alarming rate!  The surprising part is that I am NOT freaking out over this and I am good with it.  The stockpile needs some thinning out.  It's the loss of no good deals over the last 3+ months that's freaking me out.

*I missed Project Runway last night...again!  I enjoy that show(given my background, I should!lol)but since they changed networks, I just can't seem to keep straight where or when it's on.  I guess I'll have to cruise around this coming week during the day and find when they are rerunning it for the umpteenth time.

*The fridge is still limping along.  I've had to move all the frozen foods to the upright freezer in the garage.
Basically both the fridge and the freezer section of the fridge can be used as refrigerators since the freezer can't maintain a frozen foods temp.  Hubs and I are buying a new fridge Saturday so by next week sometime I'll have a fully functioning fridge again...yay!  Not having any room in the upright freezer because of the current situation has stopped me from stocking up on farm market buys, to this point, for freezing for winter.  Gosh, I hope there is some local farm produce left to buy late next week like corn and tomatoes and beans.

*We could use rain again.  I thought Earl would generate some rain inland here but Jim Cantore is dashing my hopes.....  I have lost quite a few tomatoes here due to skin splitting because of weeks of drought in between the rain.  I can't keep the plants wet enough even with the hose.

*Hubs took off another week from work for vacation.  We are thinking of getting away for a few days during that week.....getting away ALONE!  Maybe somewhere at the beach since the small children set will be back in school.  I like the beach without crowds of people and screaming little children.  We use to vacation before having kids during the 'off seasons'.  I recall it was lovely..... 8-))

*Besides the wanting to sleep 24/7 I seem to be in a holding pattern as far as making decisions.  I can't decide on ANYTHING!  What towel rack to buy to replace the one that keeps jumping off the wall.....which fridge to buy(well, that one is more about how MUCH money to spend!)....what to make for dinner.....what color to paint something.....which brand of sealer to use on the deck.....etc., etc., etc.
Is it I just don't want to be held accountable if my choice isn't the best one in the end?   If I don't make a decision then I can't be blamed for anything.....except for NOT making a choice...lol

*"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."---Mark Twain
#1 son proved this quote correct last week.  He actually took Hubs aside and told him something to the effect that he thought we were very good parents and he was glad he was our kid and not the kid of many of his friends' parents.  Then he posted something similar on his Facebook page.
When I asked Hubs why he didn't mention any of this to me, he said it was probably because he didn't want to see my big old smirk and the smartass comment I would make at his expense.  Yes, the #1 son apple didn't fall far from his mother's tree.

*Ok...my brain is empty again.  Time to go fill it up with randomness again this week.
What do you need to get out of your head?  Leave a comment and share!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Slugmama, I do love you... were on vaca as we speak. I am in the 1000 Islands and on their pc privately AWAY FROM DH AND THE KIDS... ahhhh yes, I have a drink, my pc and the ppl I can associate w/ lol!!!

    I too had my eldest tell me I am the best mom in the world after 4 yrs of telling me I am the "worst mother" in the world.
    This was just in the past week prior to our vac.

    All I can say is... "they will have their own kids someday, I CAN'T WAIT"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didicoffeegirl--Yes, like they say, paybacks are an "itch with a B"! All moms secretly can't wait for their kids to suffer with their own offspring...lol
    Enjoy that vaca and especially that time away from the Hubs and kids(ok, that was redundant since Hubs are just overgrown kids, right?)

    And thanks for coming to see me cyber-ly on your vacation...I feel so special. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.