Sunday, September 19, 2010

$5 or Under CVS Scenario this Week...Starting with No Extra Care Bucks

IF I shopped at CVS....(which I don't at the moment)..... and I was starting with Zero ECBs, here is what I would buy in separate transactions and in what order.

#1
2 x Edge Shave Gel-on sale for $2.79 and gives $1.80 ECBs(limit 1)=$5.58
Use 1 Edge BOGO IPQ(HERE)
$5.58-$2.79=$2.79 and received $1.80 in ECBs.

#2
3 x Right Guard Deodorant on sale for $2.49 and gives $2.00 ECBs(limit 3)=$7.47
Use 1 Right Guard $3/2 IPQ(HERE) & 1 Right Guard $1.50/1 IPQ(HERE)
 $7.47-$4.50=$ and use the $1.80ECB...$4.47-$1.80=$1.17 and received $6 in ECBs.

#3
1 x Revlon Lipstick on sale for $6.99 and gives $5.00 ECBs(limit of 6)
1 x Revlon Nail Polish at regular price $5.49
Use 1 Revlon Buy Nail Polish/Get Lipstick FREE ManuQ(9/12SS)
$12.48-$6.99=$5.49, add a .51¢ filler and use the $6ECB(or have them adjust it down to $5.49)....$5.49 to $6.00-$6.00=$.00 and receive $5 in ECBs to roll next time.

Total Out of Pocket....$3.96 for 2 Shaving Gel, 3 Deodorants, 1 Nail Enamel and 1 Lipstick.
"Realized" OOP is Negative $1.04 after the $5 in ECBS is figured in.

If you have ECBs to start with, a second $X off Edge coupon &/or a second $X off Revlon coupon, you can do even better than this but it's still a good scenario for a first time rookie. ;-)


Ok....I am off now to do stuff in the garden, buy some canning lids, put away a ton of stockpile stuff, make a load of meatballs and process tomatoes.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I was going to run some deals at CVS but I have such a headache from all the car problems and Anna transferring colleges that I think I'll just sit here and feel sorry for myself. And it doesn't help that I have a pounding headache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonyaAnn--Transferring colleges....already?
    What in the world is going on!?!?
    Oh no!
    I've had a headache for weeks...I'm blaming allergies. I hope yours goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Have you given us your meatball recipe yet?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.