Monday, August 16, 2010

The Week Begins...Yaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Have you ever had one of those weeks were you just wanted to pull the covers over your head and stay in bed all week?

That's what last week here was like.
First off, it was a HARD week anyway, since we had been on vacation the previous week.  I am still struggling with laundry catch-up.
Then I didn't rebound quickly from my stomach virus ordeal last weekend.  I still feel weak and the muggy, hot weather hasn't done anything to aid me in feeling like my old self either.

The store sales sucked last week also.  Daughter and I made up a very short grocery list, using the prices for a certain store.
This is about the ONLY perk I see in having a child old enough to drive--sending them on errands and you can stay home.  The extra car insurance has to be good for something, right?lol

Anyway, I sent her with the cash to pick up the items, mostly milk, lunchmeat, fruit and veggies.  Well, she comes home and hands me the change....and it's not even CLOSE to what it should have been according to the sales flyer!  So I started asking her how much things were and she gives me a blank stare and says she doesn't know that.....she just bought what was on the list.  She hands me the receipt and I almost had a coronary when I see she spent $5.80 on grapes.....this bunch of grapes.....
Ok, there were about a handful more of grapes than this when she bought them but even so!!!
They were suppose to be $1 a pound!

So I look at the receipt again and noticed she had gone to the WRONG STORE!LOLOL
It sure doesn't help to make a shopping list using Store A's sale prices and actually BUY the items at Store B.....
And I just felt so awful still, that even though I thought about returning it all that she didn't immediately open and use and rebuying it at the correct store, I didn't.
The frugal Sluggy was willing but the flesh was weak....or too lazy, you decide. ;-)

And other than that we just ate from the pantry and freezer this week....except for Sunday when Hubs got Chinese food.
But I did drag my carcass out to Rite-Aid Saturday evening, ONLY because I had +Ups expiring that day.
While the grocery store mix-up couldn't motivate me, the thought of letting $11 in +Ups go bad got me out of the house.

Last week was the first week of Band Camp for #2 son so this week is the final week.  Just making sure he gets to bed at a decent hour is stressful to me.  I don't know how he operates full-out like that in the hot sun on so little sleep....

Both the teens here have grown out of all their clothes this summer(one grew, the other lost weight)so I've got to deal with rebuilding their wardrobes in the next 2 weeks.

Next Sunday #1 son returns from working at Lake Erie for the summer so I'll have less than a full week to deal with getting him packed up for college again, as he's due back the following Sunday.  The same day he starts classes, the high school here resumes as well so all 3 kids will be off and running with the new school year very shortly.
Somebody tell me......WHERE did the summer go??

As an added bonus, I have been called for Jury Duty again in Sept.  Cross your fingers they don't actually need me or need me for a short time only.  Driving to Scranton 5 times a week for a month is NOT my idea of fun, useful, or anything else!

We haven't done anything about the remodeling project or the heating situation yet.
I haven't decluttered anything in weeks!
I haven't cleaned anything in weeks.....well except the bathroom.lol
I haven't meal planned in months(since the kids were gone for the summer) and am having a hard time getting motivated enough to deal with meals again.

Things are just piling up here and frankly, I don't care.
I'm feeling so Scarlett O'Hara today.....I'll think about all that another day.....

It looks like rain again so I'm taking the wet laundry in and heading back to bed.
I'm hoping for a do-over for the day.

If anyone has a mojo solution, I'm all ears.....

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. I think the mojo solution is to drink as much caffeine as possible within an hour period. Or is it as much alcohol, period.
    Don't recall - I'll have to dig out my adulthood manual.
    Hope your day picks up and you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned not to let anyone else do my shopping unless I am prepared to deal with the results. It's hard not to tell them they messed it up -- but I don't do that, because it's not fair (and certainly not good motivation if you want them to ever offer to help in the future).

    I don't send hubby to the store unless I absolutely MUST. He knows this. So, he tries to make of for it in other ways...

    And you are not alone, this is a very unmotivating month -- but I've been clearing out and decluttering in part because you made me realize I have to. So maybe consider yourself productive by proxy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No solution here. I would love to go home right now and pull the covers over my head. But, alas, I have to stay and earn my paycheck. Sigh.

    Hope you are feeling like yourself again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya.. no shopping this weekend and total exhausted! Did make dinner for the extended familia on Sunday, and was regretting it as I was prepping,lol

    Let's all start the week over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. McVal--thanks for the advise on the caffeine. I find I do have to have some caffeine each day or I get headaches but even the caffeine isn't helping the old mojo. Maybe it's time to switch to the hard liquor.lol

    Alex M--I'm with you about sending someone else to shop, but I was feeling so bad and she wanted to drive the car.lol At least I feel I'm not a total loss if I've inspired you to declutter....I saw your living room photo. You really did clean that room out...yah you!

    Frances--Thanks for coming to see me even if you have no help for me. ;-)

    Didicoffeegirl--I'm all for a do-over too! Great idea...lolol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.