Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trying to Get Back into a Groove

I've been all out of whack lately.

Besides the July 4th holiday weekend, it's also the 1st anniversary of my oldest brother's death.  Last 4th of July was spent driving a 1000 mile triangular route in the span of 3 days from NE PA to VA to NW PA back to NE PA and included a funeral and picking up #2 son up from summer camp.  It was like a high speed rollercoaster ride through an emotional amusement park those 3 days.
Long story short, my brother had been in a vegetative state since Jan. '08 after suffering a hemorrhagic stroke.
His body gave out last June 29th, 18 months after the stroke, without him ever regaining consciousness.
Needless to say, we didn't feel much like partying this year either and I've felt a tad not myself.

This 4th of July weekend involved trips across the state to pick up a kid from summer camp and trips to the ER at 3am.  BIL's foot will be fine btw.....  Now we are into the July pre-Band Camp rehearsal season. 

Between feeling out of sorts and this unseasonably hot weather I am finding it difficult to get anything accomplished.  I start plenty of stuff but I just don't have any 'umph' to follow through to the end lately.
Plus I've been cranky and irritable.....not that DH or the teens will say they can NOTICE a difference there. ;-)
I just don't feel like doing anything.
And everything & everyone annoys me.
About the only thing I can concentrate on is whining to you all.....aren't you lucky??lol

I'm trying to find my groove again.  Maybe tomorrow will be better...

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. These anniversaries of sad times are hard. Especially the first. They do get easier with time. Allow yourself some time to really grieve and miss your brother.

    Sending some big (((((hugs))))) your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same blahs, off and on, for a month or so now. Whine away...it's ok with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I understand you being out of sorts with that to deal with and the weather. I hope you find peace and your groove soon. One day at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the lost of your brother. I know that is hard for you.

    I was feeling like you....everyone and everything was just making me mad. I wanted to kill things. Then I adjusted my thyroid medication a couple of weeks ago. I am all better now. And I didn't hurt anyone.

    Hope you get your groove back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother! There are things that put me into a funk too... I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LisaPie/AnnieJ/Sheila/Frances/McVal--Thanks for the love gals! I think I'm coming out of it, or at least I'm on the other side of the funk.
    I think I really need to get away from here for awhile tho. I don't go anywhere or do anything except go to Rite-Aid or the grocery stores.
    I proper vacation is in order!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.