Friday, July 16, 2010

It's All I Can Stands, I Can't Stands No More!



The other day #2 son came downstairs at the crack of noon and asked me what was for dinner.  He's not one to wait until the last minute to find out vital information like that, ya know?!

When I told him I was yet again, making dinner from scratch, he got a look on his face and asked me if we could ride up to Burger King so he could get some burgers for dinner instead.

When I nixed this idea, a dark cloud descended over him and his long face got even longer.
Sensing this was more than the usual teen-hormone surge I am use to at home, I pressed him as to his response to me. 
I thought my no to the burger plan was just the last straw on a day that was difficult for him emotionally or something.
Nope....it wasn't that.
He finally opened up and the truth came tumbling out.

He has had enough!
Enough of all the nourishing home cooking.
For the last 18+ months I've been cooking from scratch(or something approaching it)and he is FED UP with eating healthily so much!

The poor thing.....I've cut down on his junk food to a point that he is longing for that fat, sodium, sugar, chemical laden stuff from the House of Ronald and the King, and the Bell of Taco & the Hut of Pizzas.
He misses the tasty poison and I am a bad, bad mom for denying him his minimum daily requirement of crap.

The horror.....the anguish......the Woe is Me!

Yah, I can live with it.....and so can he.  ;-)

Sluggy

12 comments:

  1. That sounds like my kids. I mentioned we may get McD's today cause it is so hot and you would have thought it was Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His next move may be to call CPS. I bet he gets no sympathy from them either!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much stronger than me--I give in after a week or so of whining and being pissy--my daughter that is--not me!!! I can only stand so much of her attitude--huh--then I give in therefore reinforcing her attitude getting her what she wants! I think I just had an epiphany!!! Thank you so much for this post today--I think I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abuse comes in many different guises, I guess. Apparently I abuse my family, too.

    Homemade meatloaf, corn on the cob and non-instant mashed potatoes tonight... Mwahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! LOL! LOL!
    That sounds like something that Den would say and then once he ate the crap , he would complain that he felt terrible!
    I think it is a guy thing.
    Have a great weekend and please stop abusing the boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mean momma! LOL But sometimes ya just gotta have a burger! :) I worked at BK when I was 17, that was 25 years ago, and I still crave them

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so mean! NOT! We used to abuse our kids the same way.

    Fortunately for them, their mom would take them to buy their poison when they went to her house. She clearly loved them more than we did. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey sluggy, check your e-mail - you won a t-shirt - need size and mailing info please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, sticking to your healthy guns!! :) Tell your son that not only will he survive, he might actually survive longer - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this! Your son will thank you when he is 40!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO is he still having withdrawals or is he better?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coupon Chall.--If only they were this easy to satisfy.lol Thanks for coming to see me!

    LisaPie--Spoken like a true mom...lol

    Sheila--Glad I could help you 'see the light'.lol

    AnnieJ--Meatloaf, corn and REAL potatoes....what sinister weapons will you think up next?!Bwaaaaaawwww

    SonyaAnn--I think u r onto something there! But why stop the abuse...it's so much funnn!!lol

    Mzmoneybagz--Yah, we all need to succumb to the temptation sometimes. I say if he wants to spend HIS own money, feel free.lol Thanks for coming to visit today.

    Frances--I'm glad to see I am in good mean mommy company.lol

    Pretty--Yah, I know that boy around longer so I can torment him more!lol

    Precious--Hopefully I'll still be around when he's 40... ;-)

    SonyaAnn--He got over it. And today I got him Taco Bell for lunch as a surprise since he's been pretty good. Now he'll prolly start whining and nagging again tho so I can' win.lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.