Tuesday, July 27, 2010

For Donna....As Promised!

A few weeks ago I won a blog contest over at Donna Freedman's blog, Surviving and Thriving.
Part of my win included a cute little alien critter that says various alien-like phrases when you whack him on the head.  I sort of like that whacking on the head thing, but I digress.

I had asked Donna to autograph the Alien before she sent him packing to PA.  I have a small collection of autographs, both photos and objects.  The signatures range from famous people to the even better type of people, those I consider my friends. ;-)
I promised Donna that if she signed old green butted Alien dude I would put her/him right next to my Bruce Willis.  It's only appropriate because Donna and Bruce are fellow Jerseyites and they are both "hot" babes.

Well my Alien dude arrived late last week-Thanks Donna!-but alas, without a signature as his alien form proved to be 'unsignable'.
But he arrived holding a card attesting to his unsignability, handwritten and autographed by Ms. Freedman.  That is good enough for me and my collection!

So without further ado........Donna meet Bruce....Bruce, Donna.....

May you dwell together happily for many years to come in my dining room hutch.

Be sure to check out Donna's frugality/personal finance blog.  She's one smart tough cookie!

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. That is soooo cool! Donna is a sweetheart. She is so accomplished and yet down to earth. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Bruce Willis' autograph? o. m. g. He is one of the few men I would leave my husband for! And you know, this now closes in my Six Degrees of separation with Bruce, right?

    Aaah, my brush with greatness

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie pie Donna Freedman is! And that alien goes so well with Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sluggy: I am all agog. My autograph is near Bruce's? Perhaps it was fated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LisaPie--Next time hubs is in the doghouse, I'll send Bruce over. ;-)

    Frances--Didn't Bruce do a movie with aliens in it? They just go together so well...lol

    SonyaAnn--She IS a sweetie....just like you!

    Donna--It is kismet I tell ya, kismet!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.