Monday, May 24, 2010

Rite-Aid Trips 5/21/10 & 5/22/10....& a Pitiful Picture

Would you like to see something pitiful?
Here is my Single Check Rebate for April.....you remember, the month I hardly set foot in Rite-Aid?


If you can't make it out(thankyouverymuch crappy camera!), it says.....$8.00.
Yep, 8 whole big ones!
For some folks, an $8 check at Rite-Aid rocks but for me?.....I hang my head in shame.lol

On to other things......

Have you noticed that I am so lazy this month and I keep holding off on my Rite-Aid runs until the week/sale is almost over?
This is NOT good since the good items go fast!  But I have been darn lucky with this, as I have been able to find what I want to buy....excuse me, get free most, if not all of the time anyway.  ;-)

Here is what I bought on Friday......


Transaction #1
3 x Benadryl w/Wellness discount $4.39=$13.17
2 x Oreo Cookies on sale $2.99=$5.98
1 x Gallon of Milk=$3.20  **Not Pictured** since it's GONE ALREADY!lol
SubTotal.....$22.35

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks VV IPQ=$5.00
1 x $5/2 Benadryl ManuQ=$5.00
1 x $1/1 Benadryl ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1 off $10 Cough, Cold, Allergy Purchase Wellness CRT Q=$1.00
1 x BOGO Buy 1 Nabisco Cookies and Gal. Milk/Get 1 FREE Nabisco Cookie Facebook Q=$2.99
1 x FREE Nabisco Cookie/Cracker Item Home Mailer Q=$2.99
Coupon Total....$17.98

$22.35-$17.98=$4.37 OOP * Put on free Rite-Aid Gift Card so ZERO OOP

Benadryl purchase qualified BIL for $25 Gift Card level of SCR #500.
This Benadryl purchase also qualified BIL for a $20 Allergy Gift Certificate.  This is the Allergy Rewards Program....purchase $75 in qualified Allergy meds and you get a $20 Certificate good at Rite-Aid.  BIL had some Benadryl purchases on his account from March that was within the time frame for this program so this $50 purchase for SCR #500 also got him over $75 in purchase for the Allergy Program.
So....$25 Gift Card & $20 Gift Cert. qualifed for now!

Value of Items purchased....$29.25

Why I bought what I did?
*I needed $12 and change more to get BIL to $50 in Allergy purchases to qualify for SCR #500 & get him the $25 Rite-Aid Gift Card level.

*That Nabisco Facebook Q was expiring that Day so I HAD to use it or lose it.  Combined with the FREE Cookies Home Mailer Q, I got 2 free cookies and just had to pay for the milk, which we needed anyway, so might as well buy it at Rite-Aid since it's the exact same milk/company/price as at the grocery store, and the grocery stores in town won't take the Facebook IPQ.....so there you go.lol

While leafing through the May SCR Directory Friday night,  I noticed the $2 Nabisco rebate #94-- Buy $10 of Nabisco items, get a $2 SCR.  Since I already was over halfway to $10 & Oreos are always welcomed here, I put another scenario together for Saturday evening.


Transaction #2....


1 x Welch's Grape Juice w/Wellness discount=$4.15
2 x Oreos on sale @$2.99=$5.98
1 x Colgate Pro-Clinical TPaste on sale=$2.99
6 x M&Ms on sale BOGO($3.99)=$11.97
SubTotal....$25.09

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks VV IPQ=$5.00
1 x FREE ITEM Welch's Item HomeMailer Q=$4.15
1 x $1/1 Colgate Pro-Clinical TPaste ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Colgate Pro-Clinical Rite-Aid In-AD Q=$1.00
2 x B2G1Free M&Ms ManuQ=$7.98
Coupon Total....$19.13

$25.09-$19.13=$5.96 OOP  *$6.31 put on Rite-Aid Gift Card, so $.35 OOP....I had taken all but 1 Gift Card out of my wallet and it only had $6.31 left on it so I HAD TO ACTUALLY SPENT MONEY at RITE-AID!!
The HORRORS!....lol
Value of Items purchased....$43.40

Why I bought this stuff?.....Well, the cookies were to get the $2 SCR. I figure if I apply the $5 off $20 purchase Q to the cookies since I had no more Qs for them, they 'cost' me $.98.  The Toothpaste was $.99 after Qs and I wanted to try this new kind so for .99¢ it's a go.  The juice was free after Q and I love grape juice...I just hope the eating machine aka #1 son keeps his grimy paws off it and I actually get a glass!lol
6 bags of M&Ms?  Well....getting 6 bags for a total of $3.99 is awesome and almost free anyway, right?  It breaks down to $.66 & a half cents per 12 oz bag.  And we love Peanut and the Peanute Butter M&Ms here....and it's one of the few candies I can send to camp with the kids that won't melt.lol

This transacation qualified BIL's account for a $2 SCR, so we ended up with $1.65 in overage this time. 8-)


Here are the Rite-Aid MAY SCR Period Grand Totals so far......

Number of Transactions.....10
Out of Pocket.....$13.33--all but $.35 put on free Rite-Aid Gift Card=$.35 OOP
SCRebates due....$33.00 & $50 in Rite-Aid Gift Cards--making cash overage this month of $32.65!
Value of Items....$318.35

Not a bad haul so far for 35¢, huh?

I don't see anything I have to have this week at Rite-Aid but something may pop-up later this week.  I need $12+ in more Allergy meds purchases to qualify for the $20 Allergy Program Gift Certificate on my account so I may buy that this week to finish it off.

Do you have any good deals you are doing at Rite-Aid this week?  Let us know!

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Excellent deals!

    I have an award for you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! No need to hang your head in shame :) I confess that my whopper of a Rite Aid SCR check for last month was.... *drumroll* $3.49. And I haven't done ANY SCR purchases in May (and probably won't). I still bow to your grand-poobah-ness at Rite Aid and love reading these posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I missed these posts. I know that I shouldn't encourage you but I love the breakdowns.
    I'm sorry that I have been a bad blog friend and haven't been around as much. I'm just behind. The kids seem to be the problem around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances--Thanks for the love and the award!

    Pretty--Grand Poobah-ness? What am I...fred flinstone?lol Hey, my SCR for May will be about half of what I usually do...what can you do? BIL has you beat as his check is $2.00.lolol

    SonyaAnn--Don't worry...I've been behind too, what with the overwhelming shit going on here. If I don't have a nervous breakdown before June 12th(when 2 of the teens leave and SIL is gone), I'll pull through. Some days I just want to set a match to the whole place....but that won't fix things so what can you do but put your head down and push through it all.
    Maybe we should send the kids all together in that RV?lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.