Saturday, April 17, 2010

What else?.....eBay Fun Part "Whatever"!




Remember Mr. China/NY/CA guy?

Well I refunded his payment and filed to cancel 1 of the 2 transactions after he ignored my emails for 2 days where I asked him to explain a few things before I shipped the toys.
Then I went and reported him to eBay for suspected suspicious behavior.

That evening I get an email from eBay that Mr. China/NY/CA Guy has denied canceling the transaction and eBay will NOT be refunding my Final Transaction Fee of $3.40(plus the initial listing fee of .20¢) because the buyer won't agree to cancel it.
WTF?!
Then I get an email from Mr. Guy that he wants me to cancel both transactions at the same time.
???
Well I can't do that because you already denied the cancellation of the 1st toy, can I, you dumb shit!?
Now if I cancel the other sale the 'nice' way he's going to deny he wants it cancelled and I'll be out another $6+ on those FVFs.
This a-hole has already cost me $3.80 in fees and a week's worth of having 2 items available for sale.

So I filed a Report on him that he violated my terms of sale for the other toy.
Screw him at this point!
I'll at least get my FVFs back on that one and he won't be able to leave me a negative on that sale.

So now he keeps sending me emails through eBay asking me "what's the matter?".
Get.
A.
Friggin'
CLUE.

eBay acknowledged my "report of suspicious behavior" on Mr. China/NY/CA Guy.  They will investigate(not holding my breath)but because of confidentiality they can't 'share' with me what they find....blah, blah, blah....yah, I know their spiel.
I wonder how much longer they let him act the predator on eBay before they decide to yank his account.  Hopefully before 32 sellers lose their items and get hit with chargebacks....but probably not.


I also have a potential situation with a buyer who bought something 6 days ago and still has not paid me.
My terms of sale are payment within 1 week as listed in the auction/listing.
This buyer has ZERO feedback....another just signed up person....and he owes $249.
Oh, I am just a eBay Loser Magnet, huh?


And I got an email via eBay's system.  I now have a high powered Chicago corp. law firm demanding I remove the word beanie from a listing.  Seems Mr. TY Warner of Ty Beanie Baby fame has bought the exclusive use of the word Beanie among others and you can not use it to sell something on eBay....unless it's a Ty toy.  Gee, I thought a beanie was a generic word for a generic type of doll?
I guess Mr. Warner can't think of anything else to do with his billions of $$$s(put in his pockets by little guys buying his schlocky toys in the first place)other than paying high-priced lawyers to bully the little guy just trying to sell a couple of things online.  I know I am powerful but I never thought I was a menacing threat by trying to sell a few beanie dolls!lol

Since I am already in a very pissy place when it comes to dealing with eBay, I was thinking of changing the listing by rewording it(not removing the highly offensive word buy moving it in the listing title)and adding a bonus item of a hat if you buy my dolls.....a BEANIE type hat!
Now I am sure they don't have the market cornered on the word Beanie in the hat world, so I'll sell a hat with the dolls and still use the word in terms of the hat.
LOLOL

Or I could just substitute the alternate Beanbag for Beanie.
And send a snitty reply to the lawyers of course.

I know....I am spending waaaay too much of my energy and time on this.
I just hate bullies....
And lawyer firms.

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. You and me both sister! Hate the bullies. I am an ebayer, but so far only a buyer, not a seller. I have no idea how to navigate the system and come out ahead. And your stories are making me really leery of trying.

    How do I find your ebay store and see what treasures these weirdos are looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goody!
    Here's my chance for some Blatant Self-Promotion!!lol

    Search under my User name of slugmama or try this url to my eBay store directly....
    http://stores.ebay.com/slugmama-toys-and-stuff

    Yes, that's me....helping Consumers buy stuff that don't need since 1998....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, what a royal PITA in both cases. I think it's so wrong that you can't cancel a transaction if the buyer (scammer) doesn't agree. If he tried to buy something at a regular e-store, his transaction could be cancelled without his agreement. Back in the day, I cancelled people's orders if they smelled fishy to me. Better than losing product and money!

    Ebay is trying waaaay too hard to favor the buyers, and I get why (buyers have the money), but since ebay makes its fees off the sellers, I think they should be a lot nicer to the sellers instead. And I do both buying and selling, but it definitely pays to be a buyer there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just skimmed the store listings? Are toys the only things you sell? While I have sold a few toys on eBay (both new and used), back in the day when I had a flea market booth, toys were HUGE sellers for us, even if they were just ordinary basic toys that had been well-loved before I found them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.