Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's Here Finally......Rite-Aid's WELLNESS Program Goes National April 18th

Sunday, April 18th is the day that Rite-Aid Drug Stores rolls out it's Wellness+ Program to all it's stores across the US.  You can go read up on this program, which essentially is a Customer Loyalty type Rewards Program, on their website or HERE.

Basically you present your card at the register every time you make a purchase so they can credit your account with your purchases.

For every 125 points you accrue from purchases, you are mailed a one-time 10% off shopping pass.

Once you have spent $500, you are eligible for a 10% discount throughout the store on regular priced items(some items are exempt like gift cards, phone cards, money orders, prescriptions, etc.)for the remainder of the calendar year..  If an item is on sale but a 10% reduction on the reg. price is more then you get whichever price saves you more money.

After you spend $1000, you earn a 20% discount on regular priced items.
At the $500 spending level you also get a certificate for a free health screening.

The spending points accrue and are valid toward your discount for 1 calendar year.  The beginning of a new year and you lose your discount level you have earned and start all over again accruing points.

Now if you are signed up and participate in the Single Check Rebate Program, Rite-Aid will or already has signed you up for the Wellness+ Program and has mailed you a program card. 
Isn't that nice of them?

Even though I already have a Wellness card I received a new card in the mail a few days ago.  It's not a duplicate but has a new member number on it.
Not sure yet if the old card will become obsolete and I'll be forced to activate this one to use or if I can use either or both.  I guess I'll find out the next time I hop over to Rite-Aid to buy something.

Now there are reports that along with the roll out of the Wellness Program nationwide, there have been changes to the Coupon Policy at Rite-Aid....thanks for the heads up on this from my bloggy friend over at I'm So Pretty I Fart Fairy Dust.  If accurate, this Coupon Policy will negatively impact the coupon using shopper and make it much harder to walk out of Rite-Aid with a load of stuff for pennies on the dollar.
I am so hoping this is NOT true.

Since I mention Rite-Aid on my blog frequently, they have been emailing me information now and again on 'goings on' at Rite-Aid that they want spread among the online community.  When my corporate mole contacted me about getting the word out about the roll-out of Wellness+ nothing was mentioned about any changes to the Coupon Policy like Fairy Dust heard about from another blogger's personal experience in the store. 
So I have contacted my source inside Rite-Aid Corporate on the details about any Policy changes and will update my readers once I hear back from my main man. ;-)

So stay tuned on this.....

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Happily, when I did my shop at Rite Aid just yesterday, I experienced none of the anticipated problems at all. In fact, the manager was doing my checkout and was tickled pink to let me use every coupon I handed him.

    http://ifartfairydust.blogspot.com/2010/04/todays-trip-to-rite-aid.html

    I should mention, however, that the other check-out person was having a real problem because she wasn't sure about how to treat the new Wellness card and coupons. So I would just caution folks trying this new program to have patience - Rite Aid has a lot of different types of coupons out now; it gets confusing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.