Monday, April 19, 2010

Dumping the Contents of My Head



Yep, that's just my colorful way of saying this post is just a mish-mash of random things rattling around in my head.


eBay
RE:Mr China/NY/CA Guy--Not a peep heard from him on Sunday.  Oh, did I mention he is now unregistered?  Gee, I wonder why.......!lol  I filed on him and got my fees back on 1 of the items.  Now that eBay has unregistered him, I'll write them to try and get my fees back on the other item.

Mr. Didn't Pay Me $249 Yet--Still no payment.  He has been filed on too.

Ty Lawyer Bullies--I changed "beanie" to "beanbag" in the listing.  DH gave me a "look" when I suggested I play around with these snakes.....playing with snakes will just get you bitten so I'm just going to let it go.

I sold a couple of things over the weekend...yah!  Now I need to get more listed while I'm on a roll.

One of the items I sold was a massive Mega Bloks set.  I went to the storage unit Sunday to fetch it so I could prepare it for shipping.  Now this box is 4.5 FEET tall and 3 FEET long.  I asked DH to get it out of the car for me.  DH knows me....I usually have multiple boxes of stuff in my car at any given time.  So he asked me how he'd know which box I wanted him to carry in.  I said, "It's the big box."  He just looked at me and reinterated, "How will I know it's the right box?"  I gave him a "look over the top of my glasses look" and said, "Unless you are dumb as a mud fence, you WILL know!"
He got the correct box....and on the first try!
LOLOL

Food
My new favorite food--I Love a freshly grilled hamburger or beefalo-burger.  Just season it up well with sea salt and slap it medium rare on a plate with a little puddle of ketchup.  If you have to bun it, bun sea salt, burger and a slice of tomato...that's it!
No cheese.
No other condiments or onions or bacon or other gunk.
Just the salt to enhance the beefy/buffalo-ness and some tomatoness.
Simple and nothing better.

I have also discovered that no candy/junk is better tasting than Peanut M&Ms.....DARK CHOCOLATE Peanut M&Ms. I picked some up for free on one of my many Rite-Aid excursions and finally opened a bag to try.
Dark Chocolate heaven!!!

Clutter/House Stuff
Other than it looks like a bomb went off in the Den, I need to get more stuff out of here.  I've got another load in DH's car heading for Sallie's on Tuedays and I started another load on Sunday to put in his trunk as soon as he empties it in a couple of days.
The living room is a mess too with all the stuff I got listed while DH was out of town.  I need to pack it all into boxes now and wait for people to buy it so I can ship it out.

I had daughter help me bring up toys from the basement on Saturday.....I had forgotten I still had stuff down there.  I am trying to be ruthless as I go through it all on whether to keep to sell or donate this stuff.
So far I've decided to send about 75% of it to Sallie's.  I'm only keeping to sell the stuff that after fees/shipping will give me a profit of at least $5 over what I paid.
The eBay criteria now is to list stuff for a REALISTIC Price that it will sell at quickly.  If it doesn't in 30 days, relist for a bargain price and if that doesn't work, off it goes to Sallie's after the 2nd 30 days.  According to my CPA brother, if you can't recoup at least 60% of what you paid on something in cash, it's more financially prudent to donate and take the tax write-off.  Of course, if you really really NEED the CASH, that rule of thumb flies out the window and you take whatever Cash you can get for stuff.lol

Anything that is very pricey to ship, that is not rare or valuable, will also just get donated since buyers don't seem to want to pay for shipping.


I donate every year to the local volunteer fire dept.'s fundraising auction that's held in the fall.  But the woman who runs it won't accept my donates until the month of the auction(even though they do have space to store the stuff in the fire hall).  I'd love to donate some of what is going to her but she's totally rigid on this.  I'm not planning on having much if anything left that donate-able by Nov. so she's totally getting nothing from me this year.  Her loss....

I am addicted to 2 shows:the one on Sunday on TLC and the one on Monday on A&E.  Both are about Hoarding.
It's a fascinating subject to me because it hits close to home.  We have the hoarding 'gene' in my family and I believe this condition is partly to blame for my oldest brother's death...indirectly but still, it did contribute to his demise.  I've seen this stuff up close and personal and have helped a hoarder clean...if you can call it that.  Some nights I just want to reach through that tv screen and shake these people it's so frustrating that they just don't get it.  If only they could get out of their own heads and look at themselves.
agh....
Last night's episode they said the woman was an organized collector type of hoarder and that she had 60 bottles of shampoo, among a bazillion other things.
60 bottles of shampoo, huh?
Well don't look at me!lolol
I wonder if someone saw my hundreds of rolls of t.p. and my 50 bottles of shampoo if they would want to sign me up for this show?

I've rattled on long enough I guess.  Off to make a list for the food bank and get some stuff hauled up there.  Then it's back to going through eBay 'treasures'....oh joy!

So what is everyone else up to on this fine Monday?

Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Your top picture reminds me of Monty Python! I expect some scantily clad woman to climb out of his head...
    Good for you on your Ebay adventures! I think I need to get back into that...
    My husband doesn't like it when I watch the hoarding shows. His MIL lives with us and is one... I think the hoarding really hits home for him..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some de-cluttering, re-arranging, packing up things for Goodwill stuff on Saturday. Some of this stuff is nice, some of it is still in the box, some of it might be crap, but all of it is leaving. I agree with your brother, I will never make enough money to justify having to handle, organize a garage sale, to get rid of this stuff. for me, it would be just shuffling it from one location to another while I try to get enough stuff to have a decent sale.

    Oh, and I have my family's firm commitment that next Sunday is cleaning out the garage day. Everything is going to the curb. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. McVal--so DH's MIL would be your mother? Or am I missing something here...lol I can see if you grew up with this issue how it would affect your whole life. My mom wasn't too bad until after I was out of the house and she had moved in with my brother. I think they both had a propensity toward hoarding they fed it off of each other. Then when my mom died my brother was unchecked since nobody got invited to his house anymore and it really exploded. That and he was deeply affected by mom's passing and rejection by my father. I have gone through phases of acquiring throughout my adult life but have been able to let go of stuff eventually and not become a candidate for those shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa Pie--DO take before and after pics of the garage! The thought of parking a car in the garage is something I want to achieve before we move!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm okay with fewer than 50 bottles of 'poo but don't judge me on body wash! LOL!

    I keep thinking I need to take and post pics of my meager 3-shelf stockpile area (really 2-shelf, but I have put a few crushable bags of chips/snacks on a separate shelf for protection). There's a community garage/yard sale coming up on May 1st and I know I SHOULD just set up a table and put all that stockpiled stuff out for 50-cents or $1, just to get some cash and clear the space. Why I don't get off my ass and pay the $1 fee to be included, I'm not quite sure. I'll blame it on fear of the unknown (as opposed to sheer laziness, which is probably more correct).

    Good ramblings post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have sworn I commented on this already. I think I must be forgetting to enter the word verify or something. Now I forgot what I wanted to say...

    ReplyDelete
  7. McVal--I thought the same thing....Monty Python...only I pictured a line of monks going off a diving board into his head while chanting.lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.