Wednesday, April 21, 2010

DeCluttering in April Part Deux....

Here is what hubby dropped off yesterday at Salvation Army.....



6 new toys I can't sell for anything
a plastic tissue cover
a roll of poster paper
a photo album
1 yd. of red knit fabric--don't look McVal!
another stack of Beanie Baby Sticker Cards
An AromaSpa diffuser which has sat in my bedroom under my ironing board unused for 10 yrs. now.  I keep thinking, some day I'll get the umph to take it out of the box and set it up and pour the tiny bead thingies in......if it hasn't happened in 10 yrs., it is likely NOT going to happen ever!lol 

In the used department there are....
2 book sox(my kids don't use these anymore)
a pair of track shorts
a decorative cobalt blue mason jar(can't be used to hold food)
a tall wrought iron candleholder with a cobalt blue tassle.  I love and collect cobalt blue glass but I have too much and these are NOT my favs nor do I have anywhere to put them.





In this picture we have.....
2 Mystic Knights action toys
a Board Game
3 Matchbox Mets themed cars
box in the back is a set of Burger King Star Wars toys still in the packages
2 Christmas Houses
a Home Decor set of a candle on a metal dish with Christmas-y decorations. 
my Noah's Ark shelf.  This was a Christmas present many years ago that hung in my old house.  I have no place for it in this house so off it goes.


I love this tin box!  It's huge.  If the shipping wasn't so gawd awfully high on it, I could sell it for decent money even though it got left in the damp basement and is starting to rust.  
But it's not, so I can't.....**sigh**

Also taken but not pictured where another 5 Diabetic Glucose Meters from the "Buy Meters, Get Free RR$$ at Wags Frenzy"  of '09.

34 More Items.....GONE!

37+34=71 items to Sallie's
78 to the Food Bank
149 Grand Total so far.

Back to the piles.

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Keep going! I'm so proud of you. See it helps when you have your own personal cheerleader, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonyaAnn--Yes it DOES actually! Having the Hoarding Gene, I have a hard time parting with things of value. And the Frugal Gene makes it especially hard to part with things I could(at one time)sell for MONEY!!
    It's almost breaking my cheap lil' heart....

    Thanks for being in my corner, having my back, and all those other over used sayings.
    I appreciate all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slugmama, I know it is tough to let go of stuff that you "could sell for a lot of money". But sometimes it is just a relief to get rid of it.

    Cheering along with SonyAnn, but my skirt is not quite as short as hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances--Thanks for cheering with SonyaAnn. Your skirt may not be as short but your 'girlfriend' with the pink hair does like to go topless alot!lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.