Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weis Sales Ad for 2/28-3/6...What is Worth Buying This Week?

Let's see what Weis is offering up in the way of good deals this week, shall we?


First off, there is a GORTON'S SEAFOOD Deal.  Gorton's is 50% off this week, and when you buy 2 in a single transactions(and use your Club Card)you will get $2 off at the Register.  Now the way the ad reads this looks like a straight "take $2 off your receipt total" deal and NOT a Catalina is generated deal where you use the Cat Q to take $2 off your next order.  I'll be heading up to Weis tomorrow sometime(maybe)to see which deal it really is.
Anyway, buy 2 Gorton's products for 50%, use coupons(either 2 x $.40/1 doubled from 2/21SS or 1 x $1/2 from 1/24SS or 2 x $.50/1 doubled from the 1/3SS)for a better deal and then get another $2 off.
Not a real low cost OOP but still, for a protein, a pretty good deal!

Then there is 1 lone Catalina Deal. Buy $12/Get $3 or Buy $20/Get $7.  The participating items are Ice Creams, sugary Frozen Food(pancakes, toaster strudels, scrambles), pizza, pizza rolls, 'savorings' and pricey frozen chinese food.  All of it highly processed or high calorie dairy.  Unless you have tons of freezer space this isn't the kind of Cat Deal you want to be rolling many times.  We do like ice cream though, so I'll scope out the regular shelf prices when I go in and see if it's low enough OOP to be worth doing once or twice this week.

One item you might want to do, if you are working on the Kraft Back To School $20 Rebate...the Easy Mac Cups are 5/$4(.80¢each).  You need to purchase 5 of these for the rebate.  I would like to get these for .50¢ but I may settle for this price just to get it out of the way and completed.  At any price, they will be inhaled by the minor children here as soon as they hit my kitchen.lol

PRODUCE Deals
Onions 2lbs.  $1.50
Romaine Hearts BOGO($3.99)
Fresh Express Salad Bags  BOGO($2.99+)
Grapefruit $1 each

MEAT Deals
80% lean Ground Beef $1.79 lb.(in 3lb. or more packages)...pretty much rock bottom price here

Gold Leaf Chicken Leg Quarters $.59 lb.(sold in a 10 lb. bag) so you're spending $5.90

From the Dock(Weis Brand)"Special Crab Meat" $2.99 for 8 oz.  Now I have no clue what 'special crab meat' means but this is a great price for crabmeat!  I may have to torpedo the No Spending Week here to grab some of this!  I see crabcakes and she crab soup in my future...lol

SPAM  $1.33 12 oz. can  I guess this is meat....technically.lol  There is a $.35/1 Q on the Spam website.  If it doubles, you'll pay .66¢ a can.  I hear this stuff is good in scrambled eggs.

DAIRY
Weis Ricotta 2lb. container $3.50  Not rock bottom but a good price if you need ricotta this week.

Dannon Danimals $2 a pack.  Use one of the many $1/1 Dannon yogurt ManuQs out there and get it for $1 a pack.  And what's up with all these yogurt Qs anyway??  Every week it's yogurt, yogurt, yogurt!!

OTHER STUFF
Chex Mix $1.50 a bag.  There is a $.50/1 IPQ on Coupons.com for the Chocolate Variety, doulbed at Weis will get you a bag for .50¢.

Progresso Soups-Classics $1 a can OR Traditional $1.25 a can(must buy in groups of 8 for Traditional). Lots of different ManuQs out there will get you soup for under a buck.

McIlhenny's Tabasco Sauce is still $1 for the small bottle.  Paired with the 1/31SS $.50/1 ManuQ when doubled, gets you FREE Hot Sauce.

Also a couple of BOGO Bread Deals if you don't have a Bread Outlet nearby or make your own.

That's about all I see worth getting at Weis this week.
Let us know if you see something we missed or a Coupon Match-Up that will get you a good price!

I am not really very good at doing these kinds of Deals and Match-Up Posts but I really can't find ANYONE out there blogging about Weis Markets Deals.  I guess since it's just a regional chain no blogger has much interest in providing these kinds of posts.  And you certainly don't find much on the two BIG Coupon sites Weis forums.  One is a bit more informational than the other tho....
If anybody out there who shops at Weis reads these and it helps a bit, I'll keep posting them(as I feel the urge),so let me hear from ya if you find these useful, ok?
Thanks!

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new to your site! I also post the Weis deals. Thanks for the tip on the Spam coupons! I will have to add it to my page (will link back).

    Now following through Google

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna move. I'm going to pack up shop and move next door to you.
    I'm tired of the snow and cold and never getting any of the good deals that you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy Kennedy--Thanks for following! I'll have to check out your blog too and send folks there for some Weis info. ;-)

    SonyaAnn--There is a house for sale down the block so come on over! You won't get away from the snow however as I live on the top of a mountain....but we can get deals together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I enjoy reading your site, and I have been reading your Weis suggestions, but you are so honest about the deals and products. These are two other blogs that do Weis deals if you don't feel like it anymore LOL...www.forthemommas.com and Moms Need to KNow. Thanks,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, do report back what special crab meat is. If it's that special I may have to pay you a visit. I love crab meat, but special crab meat sounds even better. I'll bring the bean dip and the gas mask for you cause I'm a giver you know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.