Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday Already?...& A Life Update

This week seems to be flying by, doesn't it?

Here's a picture I snapped on Christmas of the wacky teens in our family.....the 3 I spawned and the nephew.
From left to right are....The Unibomber(minus his sunglasses and hoodie), Mr. Mall, SkaterPunk and My Face Will Crack if I Smile Girl.



Gee, aren't they just the cuddliest crew you ever saw?
I don't know....I just wanted to share the love.

I am finally feeling like I am getting into my old groove here after the madness and mayhem of the Holidays.  I tell ya....having #1 son home from college, the other 2 sullen teens out of school as well, plus hubby home for the week after Christmas and then hubby's sibling here for the whole week after that one...plus the usual insanity of too many dogs in the house AND add in bad weather with no sunshine for almost 2 Weeks and you get a very BIG case of Cabin Fever all 'round!!

But #1 son has been deposited back at school, the other two balls of "teen angst" are back in class as well, hubby is back at the salt mines and the relative has scurried home, so I have my peace and quiet back(well, except for 3 slobbering/baying hounds), so I can commence to concentrate on being the Haus Frau Extraordinaire I've always pictured myself to be(in my own mind at least).

I have soooo much I want to do(and even more I DON'T want to do, but I need to do)and so many things I wish to blog on.

I don't know about you but I am worn out from all the December shopping fever!  Not that I just shopped and shopped myself, since I don't do that mindless consuming thing anymore like many in our society.  But even at Christmas, I do buy a few things for my loved ones, otherwise they would have me drawn and quartered if they didn't get something, right?  For the kids(and the nephew) I did mostly money or gift cards this year and we cut back and simplified most everywhere else.

I am just worn out from watching and hearing about everyone else's Shopping Frenzy in December!
I just don't know how most people do it all.....and even more, I don't know how I did it all when I was a mindless consumer!lolol  I guess I was on auto-pilot or something.  I do remember in years past when I was a full-on Consumer that come January when the Shopping Madness ended, there was always a big let down....and I would fall into a pretty big depression for awhile.  Since I stopped the Cycle of Manic Holiday Shopping and have simplified my life in that area I find I don't experience such lows anymore. 
Hmmmm......

Anyway......onward and upward into a New Year I say!

Here's what you can look forward to on my blog in the coming week.....
*A Product Review
*A Recipe
*A Post on Rebating...how to start and how to organize it all
*News on a New Series of Giveaways!
*A Weekly Meal Plan

*The Usual Real Life Mayhem

And as always.....maybe a Shopping Trip to Rite-Aid!lol

Ok....hopefully I can keep up with this Schedule of Events and you want to come back and check things out.
So what is on your agenda for this coming week?  Leave a comment and tell us all about it...or if you have a blog, give us some tantalizing tidbits to get us all to come take a peek at ya!


Have a great Hump Day!!

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Awe - they're cuties!!! LOL!
    Over lunch today, I actually took the tree down FINALLY! No help from the peanut gallery, but I'll make them vacuum for me tonight...
    I'm determined to get the livingroom back to the land of the living hopefully by bedtime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with McVal-they are cuties!
    I can't believe how much you did over the holidays. I would still be taking a nap!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.