Friday, January 1, 2010

STOCKPILE Cheers & Jeers for 2009

So how did you do with your Stockpile in 2009?
While I've always had a pantry of foodstuffs & a closet of toiletry extras, this year was the first time I had stocked and maintained an actual Stockpile of food and toiletries.

My Best Stockpile Buys for 2009....

1. Marcal Small Steps FREE Toilet Paper/Napkins/Facial Tissue
2. FREE Bags of Iams Dog Food
3. Sugardale Bacon for $1 a package
4. Free or almost free Gillette Products
5. Free Crest Toothpaste (large hauls from Weis and Wags)


My Worst Stockpile Ideas for 2009....

1. Free or almost Free Soy Joy
2. Free or Under $1 Cold Cereal
3. Free Diabetic Meters
4. Moneymaker BC Fruit Snacks
5. Almost Free Kraft Salad Dressing (good to get but just not so many at one time)


My Toiletries Stockpile went from this in March....



To this in early October.......wait for all the photos  lol......



those photos are a 2 year supply organized and put away.
There was also THIS EXCESS STUFF beyond that 2 year supply....




Those 18 Boxes and a few Bags of stuff are what ended up going to the Flea Market in October and this is ALL that came home with me from there.....

The Flea Market Report is HERE if you'd like to read about it again.

My Toiletries Stockpile multiplied faster than Bunnies in those 7 months from March to October!
It got out of hand so fast!!
And that amount of Excess Stuff is AFTER I had a Garage Sale in July too!lolol
So with what I sold at the Garage Sale added in, the overall stockpile was even larger than what you see in the photos!

And just to remind you......this is JUST THE TOILETRIES STOCKPILE!
I'm not even talking about the FOOD STOCKPILE/PANTRY.
Oh, you don't even want me to show you photos of that!!


So, what is the state of my stockpile today?
I still have my 2 year Toiletries supply organized and put away.  I've added a few things to it that we weren't stocked up on, but not more than I have room for in the organized storage.
But more excess has crept back in.
Excess meaning free stuff we don't need more of....like toothpaste, shampoo, soap, razors.....

My Toiletries Stockpile Goal in 2010 is to replenish as we use up items in the 2 year supply.
I am also going to try to only "buy" other toiletry items if they are free or $1 or less with coupons/sales.
I will collect these other toiletry items until May, at which time I'll evaluate how to dispose of them-by either donating them and/or setting up at a flea market again.

So what state is your Toiletries Stockpile in?
The new year would be a good time to take stock of what you have, what you need, organize it and see what you need to get rid of by donating, selling or passing on to neighbors or friends in need.

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. I know a way to save more on toilet paper than any coupon or special. This covers all the bases = saves you money, helps the environment, helps your health, makes you feel better, it's so easy to do and it costs less than $50.00; Save money and the Earth and be clean at the same time! Add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all your bathrooms. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off” Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! Don’t worry, you can still leave some out for guests and can even make it the soft stuff without feeling guilty. It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. As for water use a drought is always a concern and must be dealt with prudently but remember the water use of industrial users far exceeds the water use of household users and in the case of toilet paper manufacture it is huge. The pollution and significant power use from that manufacturing process also contributes to global warming so switching to a hand bidet sprayer and lowering your toilet paper use is very green in multiple ways.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.