Friday, November 6, 2009

WEIS Catalina Deal ALERT this week....Wait until Sunday to Do It!


Ok, so Weis in their infinite generosity has gifted us Coupon Hounds with a not ONE but FOUR Catalina Deals this sales week.
One of the Deals involves among other things--Eagle Condensed Milk, Crisco Oil, Folgers and Pillsbury Brownie Mix, Cookie Mix and Frosting.  Buy $12, Get a $3 OYNO Coupon or Buy $20, Get a $7 OYNO Coupon is the pay-off on this Cat Deal.

Weis is well-known for being savvy at 'playing the game' with couponers.  You know what I mean....the 'game' being, they put items on Catalina Deals that have NO current valid coupons available to use on their purchase.  Meaning that we can't take a good deal(the getting $ off coupon back for purchasing stuff ON SALE but our spending is calculated using the REGULAR SHELF PRICE-so we don't have to actually spend $20 to buy $20 worth of product)and make it amazing(by purchasing the items with the deal using coupons, so that we pay very little out of pocket to get that $ off coupon).
Other Grocery Chains.....the best being the SuperValu family of stores.....offer Catalina Deals on a larger scale than Weis and also offer them on items that have coupons available to bring your costs even lower.  And these 4 Catalina Deals at Weis this week fall into their usual **insert sarcastic voice here**-->"Oh Biiiiig Deal, a Weis Catalina" category. 

But guess what?  Looking over the To-Be-Released Sunday Coupon Inserts for this coming Weekend the 6 products referenced above have COUPONS!
GASP.....can you believe it?
This means if I buy 1 each of....
Eagle Milk
Crisco
Folgers
Pillsbury Brownie
Pillsbury Cookie Mix
Pillsbury Frosting(tub not can)
and throw in a Pillsbury Cake Mix.....
my total shelf price comes to $21.35
My total with 'sale prices' comes to $15.99
Add 1 of each coupon for all but the Cake Mix, comes to $5.10(when doubled up to $1 at my store)off my total, for a Grand Total of $10.89 and I get a $7 OYNO Catalina Coupon.

I can then go buy the same order of 7 items(using another set of 6 coupons)for a total of $10.89, use my $7 Cat and pay $3.89 out of pocket and get another $7 Cat.

Keep doing this(rinse and repeat)until you run out of coupon sets or $3.89s.

I  bet Weis is betting that everyone who wants these products runs right out at the beginning of the sale ad and buys what they want/need before they realize that there will be coupons available if they wait until Sunday to purchase.
Gotcha WEIS!LOLOL

And all you folks who have a SuperValu owned grocery store.....we are sooo jealous.  This $3.89 OOP on a Cat Deal is about as good as we get here in WEISland, while ya'll get much MUCH better Deals with  potentially much MUCH lower OOP.

Ok...I just wanted to alert the masses out in Weis Territory who were planning on buying buckets of Pillsbury junk, coffee and oil this sales week to hold off until Sunday's coupons come out.

That is all.

Sluggy
PS  Enter my giveaway....Progresso Giveaway....ends tonight at midnight

1 comment:

  1. Woooot! Thank you!!!!!! I saw those OYNO deals and figured you'd find something really good in there to post about :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.