Monday, November 23, 2009

Sunday's Rite-Aid Quest....It's All About Digestive Tracts this Week

I was up and out of the house bright & early.....well, early for me! on Sunday morning.
I had things to get at Rite-Aid that I knew I'd have to work to find them.  You see, there are two nice FAR(=FREE AFTER REBATE)items this week at Rite-Aid, neither of which are plentiful on the shelves when they aren't on special, so I suspected that there wouldn't be much if any extra inventory at the stores for this sale.

The two FAR items are a 4 pack of Benevia Drinks for $7.99 and a Colon Cleanse for $17.99. There are $2 ManuQ from last month or a $5 IPQ if you signed up for the Benevia newsletter on their website.
No Qs for the Cleanse but if you buy both together, you can use one of the various $ off Rite-Aid IPQs for a nice little Moneymaker after rebates.

Plus Sunday was the first day of the Holiday Gift of Savings Program at Rite-Aid.  From now until Dec. 24th, anything you buy(except for a few exceptions like rxs, tobacco products and lottery tickets, etc.)counts toward your total spending for the period.  Spend enough and you get a Gift Certificate good off merchandise at Rite-Aid the beginning of next year.  Your spending is tallied BEFORE any coupons you might use to bring your OOP down, so you get to the goal quicker.

There is also a FREEBIE or 1 Cent MONEYMAKER in the store besides the SCRebate items.
There is a $4 off in-ad Q for Ducolax Balance in the weekly sales flyer.  Pair that with either the available $3 Ducolax IPQ OR the $3 winetag/hangtag Q found on some bottles of the product to get this item for no Out of Pocket Cash!  Even if you don't use this product, you can buy it to get your transaction total up so you can use a $OFF Rite-Aid Q OR add to your Holiday Gift of Savings spending to get a bigger Gift Certificate by Dec. 24th.  Now if you buy it just for those purposes, remember to give the product away or donate it to someone who can use it.  ;-)

Anyway, I ended up doing 4 transactions at 3 different stores.  Remember, I submit for 2 sets of rebates, one for me and one for my BIL and I can use the Wellness Program/Qs.  So here is what I bought....

Transaction #1/Store #1

1 x Colon Cleanse on sale $17.99
1 x Ducolax Balance on sale $6.99
1 x Wonderful Pistachios on sale $2.50
Subtotal...$27.48

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25 Rite-Aid IPQ=$5.00
1 x $3/1 Ducolax IPQ=$3.00
1 x $4/1 Ducolax FlyerQ=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Wonderful Pistachis ManuQ=$1.00
Coupon Total....$13.00

$27.48-$13.00-$14.48 OOP

This is my Teeny Tiny Town store.  I was in late Saturday night and checked that they had these 2 items in stock.  Tons of Cleanse and 2, count 'em 2, Benevia.  The lack of Benevia is why I had to get there early.  I rolled into the store at 8:30am. No Benevia and 1 Colon Cleanse left on the shelves.  I chatted with the cashier while checking out and she let me know that someone had showed up when they opened and bought SEVEN COLON CLEANSES!LOLOL  Like someone said on a blog I frequent when I mentioned this, I would have liked to have seen the look on the cashier's face when they put 7 of those puppies on the counter to ring up.hehehe
Now, either this person who bought 7 Colon Cleanses has 6 other people they are submitting SCRebates for or they are going to be sorely disappointed when they don't get 6 of those 7 Cleanse kits reimbursed for by Rite-Aid.  Either way, I am just glad I don't share a bathroom with them.
I'm just sayin'......
The cashier also clued me in that the lack of Benevia on the shelf was due to the person who orders from the warehouse at that store didn't even KNOW they carried the Benevia product, thus did not order any.  I knew that there would be no use checking this store later in the week after the truck came so we were off in search of Benevia x 2.......





Transaction #2/Store #2

1 x Benevia Drinks on sale $7.99=$7.99
1 x Colon Cleanse on sale $17.99=$17.99
Subtotal....$25.98

Coupons Used
1 x $5/$25 Rite-Aid IPQ=$5.00
1 x $5/1 Benevia IPQ=$5.00
Coupon Total....$10.00

$25.98-$10=$15.98 OOP

**Now if I had a BRAIN in my head and actually thought to USE IT, I should have used my Fall Gift of Savings Gift Certificates, which I purposely SAVED to use during the new Holiday Gift of Savings period, to pay for this order or the first one above to bring my OOP down to zero or close to it.
Ugh.
And Ugh again.

Two Cleanses down, One more Benevia to go.


Transaction #3/Store #3
No Benevia so I did this instead....

1 x Ducolax Balance on sale $6.99=$6.99
2 x Nature's Bounty Vitamin C on sale BOGO($6.99)=$6.99
1 x Wonderful Pistachios on sale $2.50=$2.50
2 x Act II Popcorn on sale BOGO($.89)=$.89(filler I had to buy so I didn't go negative)
Subtotal....$17.37

Coupons Used
1 x $3/$15 RA IPQ=$3.00
1 x $3/1 Ducolax IPQ=$3.00
1 x $4/1 Ducolax Store FlyerQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 RA AdPerk IPQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 RA Wellness IPQ=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Wonderful Pistachios ManuQ=$1.00
Coupon Total...$17.00

$17.37-$17=$.37 OOP

I messed up here.  I forgot to bring my Nature's Bounty $1/1 ManuQ from last sunday's inserts.  If I had used those also, I would have had $8 worth of QS for the $6.99 Nature's Bounty purchase, so an overage of $2.52 in Qs over my total(before popcorn filler)of $16.48.  I would have just had to buy another $2 worth of items to not have the store owe me $ for buying their stuff.lol
Keep in mind that I can use the Wellness card/coupons that aren't available everywhere yet so that took $4 additional off my total AND the cashier let me use 2 of those Wellness Qs and 2 of the same AdPerk Nature's Bounty Qs in the order.  Having this happen is a YMMV situation as some only will take 1 AdPerk Q per qualifying item.
So even though this transaction was a hot mess, the products in it were almost free, so it's all good.

So we ventured back to Store #2 as they had plenty of the Benevia and I still needed 1 package of it for my SCR submission.

Transaction #4/Store #2

1 x Benevia on sale $7.99=$7.99
1 x Ducolax Balance on sale $6.99=$6.99
1 x Sunday Paper=$1.75(filler to get to $15, but a good filler)
Subtotal....$16.73

Coupons Used
1 x $3/$15 Rite Aid IPQ=$3.00
1 x $5/1 Benevia IPQ=$5.00
1 x $3/1 Ducolax WinetagQ from last bottle I bought=$3.00
1 x $4/1 Ducolax Store FlyerQ=$4.00
Coupon Total....$15.00

$16.73-$15=$1.73 OOP

Now not only did I qualify for $51.96 in rebates today for BIL and myself(2 Benevia/2 Colon Cleanse), but the Ducolax Balance has a rebate offer from the manufacturer for $5.00.  Two Ducolax rebates is another $10.00 back in my pocket.

Grand Total for the day OOP...$32.56
Single Check Rebates qualified for...$51.96
Ducolax Manufacturer's Rebates qualified for...$10.00

$61.96 in Rebates-$32.56 OOP=$29.40 in Overage!

Add today's amounts and my November Monthly totals are....
OOP Rite-Aid spending=$98.39
Rebates due....$126.42
Rite-Aid is paying me $28.03 to buy everything I have purchases this month in their stores.

Not only that but I have $25.98 toward a Holiday GOS Gift Certificate for BIL and $61.58 toward a Holiday GOS Gift Certificate for myself.
Plus I still have $40 in Fall GOS Certificates to use to get my totals over $100 and get the $20 Certificate for this program.

Now if you don't have another person to submit SCRs for & just do one per item and you don't have a Wellness card this week can still be a MM for you.
I'd suggest you purchase....
#1 The Colon Cleanse and 3 x Pistachios(total $25.48), using the coupons($5/$25+3x$1=$8)pay $17.48OOP(or add a few more dollars and use your $20 Fall GOS Certificate).
#2 The Benevia and Ducolax Balance and a cheap under $1 filler(total $14.98+filler price), using the coupons($3/$15+$4+$3+$5=$15)pay less than $1 OOP.
You'll be OOP up to $18.48 and qualify for $25.98 in SCRs, making this a Moneymaker of up to $7.50 for you.
This is the easy way to do the rebates this week with minimal thought or work.  Of course, that's if you can find these items on the shelves.


I am loving me some Rite-Aid today. ;-))

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Don't let constipation harm your colon health, toxic build up will cause damage to our body. To regulate bowel movement, taking herbal colon cleansing treatment will eliminate the discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! thanks!! I am going to try and hit up Rite Aid after work today, and frankly I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Benevia is gone... I usually have about a 50/50 chance at the "free after SCR" items, and as you said, this one isn't exactly a big-stocked product even without any sale in place.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.