Monday, November 30, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....November 30th Edition....Clearing out the Freezer



Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

We ate alot more leftovers last week than planned....which is a GOOD THING in this house!lol
The Chili didn't get made until Sunday and we moved Date Night from then to Monday(tonight).  Both kids were out on Sunday with friends so they will have the Chili tonight as they didn't have it last night.
Everything else was cooked/eaten as planned.  I cooked a smallish turkey for Thanksgiving Day so we are not overrun with turkey this week.  Maybe enough for 1 night's meal since we sent leftovers home with the guests on thursday.
I want to mention that this year my stuffing was totally homemade...meaning, all the bread products IN the stuffing I had made from scratch!  No buying those doughy, "all air & no nutrition" loaves of white bread to make stuffing with this year for me.  I used cubed up french bread from my Baking Day that was leftover and I made a double batch of cornbread from scratch and used those two to make the stuffing.  Everyone raved over it.  I KNOW it was good because most years I have to feed some of it to the dogs to get rid of it all but it is already almost GONE and no dogs have been fed any!lolol

I am on a mission this month to clear out the freezer.  It is so full and it needs a good defrosting so we need to eat down some of the things in there.

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week.....

MONDAY--homemade Chili(stockpile/freezer), biscuits(fridge)
TUESDAY--Kielbasa on rolls(freezer), Potato Salad(root cellar), Corn(freezer)
WEDNESDAY--Leftovers from Thanksgiving meal
THURSDAY--Soup(stockpile), Sandwiches(fridge)
FRIDAY--Fried Catfish(freezer), Rice(stockpile), Broccoli(freezer)
SATURDAY--homemade Pizza(stockpile)
SUNDAY--something Mexican(burritos in freezer or tacos from stockpile/freezer)with the leftover Chili too
SNACKS/DESSERTS--Bread Outlet purchases(donuts/danish/pie), apples, grapes

Last week I spent $65 exactly at the grocery store and bakery outlet.  $11.97 of that $65 was on toiletries.  As I have done the Bread/Bakery Outlet purchase for the next 2 weeks already & I have most of what I need for the week's menu, I'm going to try to not do any stocking up this week so I'm putting myself on a $10 food budget for the week.

Food Waste Report....some of my "ugly" apples went bad/soft, as I didn't get to use all of them in time. These were put out for the wildlife so won't go to waste.

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week.

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.