Monday, November 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....November 23rd Editon It's all about the Bird!


I am late again with the menu this week but at least it's still Monday.lol

Last Week's Menu Postmortem...

No Chicken Parm(moves to this week)and no Apple Pie.  Just been appled out lately and didn't even want to look at them, much less cook them.lol  Hubby did another bang up job with cooking dinner on Sunday...it was salmon, buttercup squash and rice by the way.

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week, with company on Thursday....

MONDAY--Ham Slices(freezer), Mac & Cheese(stockpile),
TUESDAY--Chicken Parmesan(freezer), Salad(fridge), Spaghetti(stockpile)
WEDNESDAY--homemade Chili(stockpile/freezer), Cornbread(stockpile)

THURSDAY--Thanksgiving-turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry, mixed vegetables, gravy, rolls(all from fridge/freezer/stockpile except for 2 items)
FRIDAY--Grilled Pastrami Panini(fridge), Soup(stockpile)
SATURDAY--Leftovers
SUNDAY--Date Night w/Hubby, teens will fend for themselves
SNACKS/DESSERTS--Pumpkin Pie,various sweets in the freezer from Baking Day

Last week I spent $62.44 on food and toiletries(Not couting my Rite-Aid spending as I will have overage there after the rebates come in).  I wasn't successful in staying out of the grocery store last week, as there was a Catalina Deal at 2 different stores.
These are my downfall.lol
Most of my spending was on the Cat Deals(except for $4 for a turkey for this week) and not on items I needed for my specific meal plan last week.  I have very few items to pick up this week(celery, whipped cream and weekly milk purchases) and am allotting $10 for these.  I do have $15 in Cats to spend by Wednesday at Acme so if they have decent prices on those items I'll actually spend less than $10. Besides the Acme trip, I refuse to set foot in a grocery store this week.  And since it's Black Friday week I probably won't set foot in ANY store for the rest of the week!lol

Food Waste Report....the only spoiled food was 3 slices of bread that went moldy. All vegetable waste composted along with that bread.

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week.

And here's hoping everyone has family and/or friends to keep close and celebrate their blessings with this Thanksgiving Holiday!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. "Last Week's Menu Postmortem..." I had to laugh at that one!!
    Of course, Thursday sounds good but Friday sounds wonderful!!! Hmmmmm, maybe I should run out and get everything for a couple Paninis. Never mind you are right and I should not step foot in any store especially on Black Friday. I'm almost done shopping anyways. I did most of it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new years resolution... Lose weight. and get organized about meals and budgeting for them...
    You're an inspiration!
    Oh! I got a hold of Ryan and he came and did a "lick and a promise" type of cleaning. Oh well... He did move the mattress up the stairs for me. What kind of perfection do I expect from an 18 year old that couldn't clean in the first place??? I've SEEN his new place! I'm half tempted to send him to PA for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't do ANY shopping on Black Friday, but I may pop over to Rite Aid if there's a lull in activity around the house (or I can't stand being there any longer). Or I may just wait till Saturday...

    Turkey's still thawing away. I swear I take it out of the freezer a day earlier every year and still am doing the cold-water-in-the-sink method on Thursday. There's something to be said for buying fresh...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.