Friday, November 20, 2009

Grocery Shopping This Week

Here's a transaction I did at Weis this week over and over again.

Weis had Carnation Evaporated Milk on sale for $1 a can.  I had a stack of $.50/2 ManuQs, which my store doubled to $1/2(only 4 of the same coupon in a single transaction are doubled).  Not only is Evaporated Milk necessary for making pumpkin or sweet potato pie, but it's a great shelf-stable milk product for cooking, baking and cream soup making so a good thing in a stockpile.

Weis also had a 'deal' where if you bought 5 Betty Crocker products you received an automatic $2 off your transaction.  I had BC Frosting Manu Qs for .50/1 that doubled(up to 4 in a single transaction), so I did this transaction(either alone or with other items) 4 times over the course of the week....


4 x Carnation Evap. Milk on sale $1=$4.00
4 x BC Frosting on sale $1.50=$6.00
1 x BC Cake Mix on sale $1.00=$1.00
SubTotal=$11.00

Coupons Used
2 x Carnation $.50/2 doubled=$2.00
4 x BC Frosting .50/1 doubled=$4.00
Automatic $2.00 off for purchasing 5 BC items=$2.00
$2.50 OYNO Catalina Q(from buying BC Fruit Snacks 2 weeks ago)=$2.50
Coupon Total=$10.50

$11.00-$10.50=$.50 OOP for each of 4 transactions=$2.00 OOP for....
4 Cake Mix
16 Evaporated Milk
16 Frosting

And just what does a person do with 16 tubs of Frosting??

Why, make CAKEBALLS of course!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.