Thursday, November 12, 2009

And the Pain Continues.....Friday Can't Get Here Fast Enough!



Well I am STILL in AGONY with this tooth situation!
I went to my appointment on Tuesday and the dentist said the tooth in question had to come out.
I was right....Hooray!
But my dentist wouldn't/couldn't extract it.
My dentist just got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago.  He had had 2 heart attacks and is recovering from major surgery for said attacks.  He is under doctor's orders not to perform strenuous work that would involve his hands and arms.
WTF?
He's medically fragile, that I get and wouldn't want him to do anything to impede his recovery.
But he has a sole practice so there's no other dentist on staff that can pull this sucker NOW!!
What great luck I have....
The receptionist called THREE local Oral Surgeons to get me an appointment asap.  One would agree to fit me in next MONTH, one said the earliest they would see me is in TWO WEEKS.  The third one said they could squeeze me in this FRIDAY. 
So I have "an appointment with doctor relief" on friday.

The dentist, who could see what pain I am in-even with popping ibuprofen and acetaminophen-would NOT prescribe me a painkiller to take until friday!  Just an antibiotic.
Can you say PISSED??!!
If I was mean-spirited I'd say he must have attended the Dr. Mengele School of Dentistry.
I know that was bad.....beg pardon.....I am in pain, that's my excuse.

It's a good thing my regular physician is a kinder soul.  Thanks to him and a cracked ribs situation a couple of years ago, I have a big bottle of Darvocet in my bathroom closet.
Thank the Lord for pharmaceuticals is all I am going to say.  8-))

These pills along with the antibiotic seems to be taking the edge off so I haven't been curled up into a ball for the last 2 days and can function somewhat.  It's a good thing right now that I have a very high tolerance for pain.  I did have #2 kid with NOT AN IOTA of Pain Meds after all and I have had teeth filled before with no Novacaine.

Of course, given the condition of my mouth I haven't eaten much solid food this week.  All in all, that's not a bad thing for my waistline.lol  There's been alot of applesauce, mashed bananas, yogurt, soup with soft chunks and I gummed some Beefaroni a couple of days ago.  I was on the road most of yesterday and the best choice for a meal at 10pm last night, while driving, that I could find was a Taco Bell cheese quesadilla.  By biting pieces off and letting them disintegrate in my mouth I was able to whip through that bad boy in.....2 hours!lol
No speed-eating records in my immediate future, huh?

Keeping busy helps me to not dwell on the pain.  So I did some major deal shopping yesterday.  Oh, I blazed a Scorched Earth Path through 1 Weis and 3 Acmes, I did!  And on Tuesday evening I hit Wags and made a rare trip to Walmart.  My car is a disaster zone AGAIN!  Today will be all about digging that out, figuring the 'grocery damage', taking pictures and writing up a post to report in to all of you.
Hmmm....Deal Shopping as a substitute for pain relief?  It has possibilities...
That should keep me busy today and not let me fantasize about taking the hubby's pliers and ripping this molar right out of my head!!
Ugh.
Off to go practice some more  "Better Living Through Chemistry"......

A side note--about one of the Oral Surgeons who wouldn't give me an appt.   My daughter needs a couple of wisdom teeth pulled, guess who one of the oral surgeons my dentist referred us to for that is?  Yep, it's old "Sorry you are in agony but I wouldn't make a half hour in my day for a MONTH to help you".
So guess who is getting a snail mailed letter from Yours Truly telling him exactly why HE won't be getting the honor and my hard-earned MONEY to extract my daughter's teeth and I'll be going to his competitor?
What goes around, comes around baby!  ;-)


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. OW!!! I've been there! In fact one of my back teeth was in the process of filing down for a crown but the crown hadn't come in yet. I went out for dinner with my husband on a SUnday and in the middle of the meal, the remains of my tooth cracked in half. I called our dentist at his house and found out where he'd be the next morning and he fit me in. He was awesome!
    I'm so sorry you have to go thru waiting! Tomorrow can't come too soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.