Monday, October 5, 2009

Rite-Aid September Single Check Rebate & Out of Pocket Totals




I just thought I'd do a brief post with my Rite-Aid Totals for September.
I just finished counting up all my receipts for the Single Check Rebate period of SEPTEMBER, which ran from August 28th-September 26th.
Here are the results.

Purchased 61 Items.
Value of Items is $281.51.
Spent on Items $78.01...$50 in Gift Cards(free from Rite-Aid) & $28.01 in Cash.
Therefore Out of Pocket is $28.01.
Rebates qualified for is $76.98.
Also qualified for the Gift of Savings Deal at the $20 Gift Card level(on BIL's account).

So I'm OOP $28.01(including tax).
And I'll get back $76.98 CASH & a $20 Gift Card.
That's a PROFIT of $48.97 cash & $20 in Gift Card!
In addition, I sold the diapers I bought for a rebate, netting $15 cash, making my PROFIT $63.97 + the $20 Gift Card.


Once again Rite-Aid proves the old adage, "It takes money to make money" is true.  I spend a little out of my pocket and get it ALL back at the end of the month Plus MORE!

Here's how to use the system to gain the advantage....

*Purchase Single Check Rebate items if the rebate is equal to what you have to pay for it.  Even better, find a coupon to use when you buy the item which makes the item Profitable once the rebate comes.

*Wait for items to go on sale to use coupons. When an item is BUY ONE GET ONE FREE, you can use 2 of the same coupons, thus you get double coupon $ off the first item since the 2nd item is already free.

*Look for clearance items in the store and pair them with coupons currently in circulation.  Sometimes you can find items with monthly rebates on clearance, so this makes your profit on the rebate even better....or if you are trying to get your purchase to the $ amount threshold to use a $X off an $XX purchase Rite-Aid coupon, clearance items that are cheap or free after coupons are great to raise your 'before coupon' total.

*Study the Single Check Rebate flyer each month.  Often there are products that will qualify for more than one rebate deal. This is called double dipping.  Besides individual items with rebates there are Group rebates(where you need to buy $XX worth of stuff or an assortment of items for a Check or a Gift Card) that can contain items that qualify for their own rebate.(IE:This month there is a Scope Mouthwash Rebate for $2 but your Scope purchase also qualifies for a P&G rebate for a $10 Gift Card when you buy $30 of products.)

*Utilize any kind of coupons available to you--manufacturer's coupons, internet printed coupons, Rite-Aid coupons printed in the weekly sales flyers and the Rite-Aid/AdPerks online coupon Program.
Be sure to "stack" or use the Rite-Aid flyer coupons WITH a manufacturer's from the coupon inserts or internet printed coupon for the same item.  You can also stack a manufacturer's coupon with a Rite-Aid/AdPerks coupon.  Doing that increases your savings on the cost of the item.

*Use the internet Money Off when you buy $XXX Rite-Aid coupon offers.  There has been a $5 off a $25 Rite-Aid purchase available online for most of this year.   Group your purchases so that you hit that $25 threshold and there's an additional $5 off your total!  The AdPerks program mentioned above also has a $5 off $20 purchase Rite-Aid coupon available.

*If you have any FREE ITEM coupons sent to your from a manufacturer wait to use these at Rite-Aid when you are trying to 'build' a purchase's total(needing to get to $25 total purchase so you can use a $5 off Rite-Aid coupon).  These FREE ITEM coupons can build your total so you get that additional $5 off your purchase without costing you any additional Out of Pocket in cash.

*Consider transferring prescriptions or having new prescriptions filled at Rite-Aid.  At certain times  in the year Rite-Aid will offer free $25 Gift Cards for new pharmaceutical business.  I have also gotten the gift card offer via letter after I've moved a prescription away from a Rite-Aid pharmacy.  Be sure and read the stipulations/fine print though on the Rite-Aid gift card offers as not every prescription will qualify you for a free gift card.
If you need to have a prescription filled & have to spend that money anyway, why not spend it at Rite-Aid and get a Gift Card as a bonus?  Use the gift card to buy your SCR items and that's more money you aren't shelling out initially to buy SCR items.

The point here is to spend as little as possible to do the Rebates AND to get a bigger rebate/refund than you spend.

So what are my plans for October & this month's SCR?
Check out my post HERE with what I already bought last week.
I'll be posting what deal I'll be doing this week tomorrow.

Sluggy

PS.  The Aveeno snafu is no more.  The rest of the Rebate was credited to my account this morning. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't find it boring; I think that your Rite-Aid savings are amazing! I wish we had one near my small town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent excellent advice - thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.