Monday, October 5, 2009

Meal Plan Monday....October 5th Edition Eating from the Freezer/Stockpile


Last Week's Menu Post Mortum...

Everything was served as planned except for the Salmon/Crabcake meal on Thursday.  This will go on this week's menu.  I made a double batch of the Mac & Cheese on Tuesday. The half we didn't eat that night, I assembled but didn't cook.  This portion went into 2 small casserole dishes and put into the freezer to be cooked fresh as side dishes for 2 meals in the future.
The Beef Bourguignon was a smash hit!  I took photos while making it and will be posting 'my take' on this recipe.

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....it's a mix of double batch cooking items in the freezer, easy prep cooking, cooking from scratch & take-out.

MONDAY--Smoked Kielbasa Sandwiches(freezer), Sauerkraut(leftovers)
TUESDAY--Roasted Turkey(freezer), Stuffing(stockpile), Cranberry(stockpile), Green Beans(freezer)
WEDNESDAY--Manicotti stuffed with Ricotta & Spinach(freezer), Ginger Carrots(root cellar)
THURSDAY--Salmon in Ginger Teriyaki Sauce(freezer), Crabcakes(freezer), Rice(stockpile), Squash Casserole(garden)
FRIDAY--Leftover-Lots of Turkey!!!
SATURDAY--Pork Chops(freezer) with Apricot Glaze, Mushroom Noodles(stockpile), Summer Veggie Mix(freezer)
SUNDAY--Take-Out Chinese Food & Sushi

Last week I spent $75.68 on food counting 2 trips to Weis and all the food purchases at KMart that cost me anything out of pocket after doubled coupons($25).  A full $15 of that amount was candy for handing out at Halloween.  Chocolate is getting so expensive that you need a second mortgage on your house to give it out at Halloween.lol  About $10 was money out of pocket on 'real food' at KMart after doubled coupons. $50 was spent at Weis on the few things I needed for my weekly menu last week and on 11 packages of meat & seafood.
This week's menu shopping list contains steak rolls....that's it besides the usual milk purchase.  I have a $7 OYNO Catalina that expires tonight for Weis, so I will be picking up a few other things in order to use that coupon.  I'll get the steak rolls, yogurt and ??
I won't be buying lunch meat this week for daughter.  She wanted turkey this week so I'm roasting a turkey and she can take leftover from the bird for her sandwiches at school.
I'm going to try to stay out of the grocery store this week after spending that $7 Cat today.  Wish me luck!

Food Waste Report....We had 2 failures this week.  A couple of sausages that got pushed to the back of the fridge and got too old to eat and a small bowl(1 large helping)of spaghetti that turned into a science experiment.lol 

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.