Monday, September 14, 2009

The Old Coupon Scramble & Rite-Aid Shopping Today

The Newspaper Insert gods have attempted to strike me down again!

You may have seen my post about my plan to get almost FREE Johnson & Johnson Baby Care Products at Rite-Aid this week HERE.

Well, my local newspapers(note, there are TWO! that monkeyed with my plan)had NO Johnson's coupons yesterday.
Zip.
Zilch.
Zero.

But even 2 major news publications can't keep Sluggy from accomplishing her mission!
I needed 10 coupons. I had 1 lone Peelie sitting on my desk.  As #2 son would say, "Sad Face."
So, I had to scramble around town for out-of-town papers. No Philly papers anywhere, at All!
I found the next best bet(the major city paper 1 hr. away)and yes, their coupon inserts had the coupon I needed. But I could only scare up 4 copies of that paper instead of buying my usual local papers.
Still 5 coupons short.
And I really didn't want to have to resort to eBay or a clipping service buy.

I went online to see if there were any IP Johnson's coupons I hadn't gotten my limit of or that had been reset. I finally found a couple of the multiple coupons(the $ off of 2 or 3 items ones)that I could print.

So with some hustling around, I got the tools needed for the job.
Geez, this shouldn't have to be so hard, yah think?

Let the Plundering Begin.....

 
They had the CankerMelts so I used the FREE ITEM Q and bought this...
7 x Assorted Johnson's Baby products on sale @$2.99=$20.93
1 x Canker Melts on sale @ $4.99=$4.99
Subtotal  $25.92
Coupons Used...
$5/$25 Rite-Aid purchase=$5.00
4 x $1/1 Peelies on Bottles=$4.00
1 x $3/3 IP Q=$3.00
1 x FREE ITEM Q for Canker Melts=$4.99

Coupon Total  $16.99

$25.92-$16.99=$8.93+ tax $1.02=$9.95 OOP
This was put on a Rite-Aid Gift Card earned from one of last month's SCR offers, so ZERO OOP.

I plan on buying 3 more Johnson's Baby products this week and submitting for Offer #43 to receive a $10 rebate.
The good news was that I found some bottles of Johnson's products with $1 off Peelies on them, so I didn't have to sweat having enough coupons after all!  Plus I found some bottles of the Baby Shampoo with bonus Baby Wash samples on them....bonus score!

In case your area didn't get the $1/1 Johnson's products coupon either, here are some bricks links to print the coupons online....

$1/1 Bubble Bath & Wash

$1/1 Baby Lotion

$1/1 Baby Shampoo

$2/2 Desitin or Johnson's Baby products

$3/3 Johnson's Baby products

$1/1 Baby Powder

$1/1 Head to Toe Wash

These links should work if you are running IE. If you are browsing in Firefox like me, you'll probably have to change the "wi" in the url to "wg" to get the links to work properly for you. You know what I mean.....when you click on the link and it just goes into 'PLEASE WAIT Hell' for hours and prints nothing.

Enjoy!

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. You are just wonderful! Glad you were able to do your deal :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.