Monday, September 28, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....September 28th Edition....Throwing it Together



Last Week's Menu Post Mortum...

The last 3 meals of the week never happened.  After School activities & work commitments trumped cooking, so it was leftovers or grilled cheese sammies 2 nights instead of newly cooked meals. Sunday night we actually went out to eat for the first time in a long while for some Chinese food.  I won't be putting the dinners from last week we didn't have on this week's menu.  I have different plans for the Steak(see Wednesday below) and the other meals will go back into the Menu Pool.
I have had a hard time throwing this together(it's after 4pm on Monday already while I'm scrambling to whip this post & menu into shape).

Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week....

MONDAY--Beef & Chicken Tacos(freezer/stockpile), Corn(freezer)
TUESDAY--Homemade Macaroni & Cheese(stockpile/freezer), Sauteed Swiss Chard(garden)
WEDNESDAY--Beef Bourguignon (freezer)Yes, I will be cooking all day!lol
THURSDAY--Salmon in Ginger Teriyaki Sauce(freezer), Crabcakes(freezer), Rice(stockpile), Squash Casserole(garden)
FRIDAY--Rigatoni w/Pasta Sauce(stockpile), Tossed Salad w/Vinaigrette Dressing & Gorgonzola Cheese
SATURDAY--Leftovers
SUNDAY--Breakfast For Dinner-Corned Beef Hash(stockpile), Eggs(fridge), Biscuits(fridge)

Last week I spent a Whopping $123.35 in 3 trips to the grocery store! A lot of that was stock-ups on beef, sausage/kielbasa, chicken, olive oil & pasta noodles, not actual needs for the weekly menu.
This week's shopping list is a bit more than last week's actual list(without the stocking-up).  The main items are mushrooms, carrots, bread, eggs & gorgonzola cheese. $16 should cover the menu needs for the week.

Food Waste Report....a few cucumbers went bad and went directly into the compost pile.  Next year I need to plant less cukes or find a pickle recipe my family will eat.lol

I'll be posting the recipe for the Beef Bourguignon sometime after I make it on Wednesday.  Check back to see how well I stuck to the recipe, what changes I made and how it turned out.

Check out ORGANIZING JUNKIE to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.