Monday, September 14, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....September 14th Edition Bread & Eating from the Stockpile Week

Last Week's Menu Post Mortum......

We had a spontaneous 'going out to eat' night last week the day the roofers were here.  They worked until dark and I just couldn't take another minute in this house with the noise AND cook dinner so we went out.  And we did leftovers another night, so the Fried Fish & the Italian Chicken didn't happen and will be moved to this week's menu.
I was happy that I could use up some meat odds n' ends on Sunday in the Chili. I had a small London Broil, a small chunk of ground turkey and ground beef.  None of which was big enough to make a full meal.  It was perfect to whip up some Chili.  I have some veggies in the freezer that aren't enough for enough servings for a meal, so once the weather gets a bit chillier, I'll be throwing those into a big pot of soup or stew to use them up.

I found some ears of local corn I had frozen last fall on Saturday.  Since we have fresh local corn now and I need to use these up, I'll be making Corn Chowder with the frozen ears this week.

This week I am still trying to move out some older frozen foods and stockpile boxed canned items.  But as of yesterday I have some new things to use up too.
Yes, I took son out yesterday and I found that those Evil people at ENTENMENN'S opened a Discount Bakery Outlet near my house, unbeknownst to me.

So I had to go in and scope it out.
And then I had to go and buy a bunch of day old rolls and treats.
So now I have hamburger rolls, steak rolls, english muffins & dinner rolls that need to be used before they expire.  I'll be working these bread products into my menu for this week.


Here's what I will be serving our family of 4 this Week...

MONDAY--Lasagna(leftover), Salad Greens(garden-still!), Garlic Bread(pantry)
TUESDAY--Kielbasa on Steak Rolls, Onions, fresh Corn on cob
WEDNESDAY--Burritos(freezer) w/leftover Chili with Cheese, Squash Casserole(garden/freezer)
THURSDAY--Marinated Italian Chicken(freezer/marinade in stockpile), Rice(stockpile), Veggie Melange(freezer)
FRIDAY--Fried Fish(freezer), French Fries(pantry), Green Beans(freezer)
SATURDAY--Turkey Sloppy Joe's on Rolls(freezer/stockpile/pantry), Squash Casserole(leftover from Wed.)
SUNDAY--Corn Chowder(freezer), Grilled Cheese or Leftovers
Dessert--Zucchini Bread, Seasonal Fresh Fruit


Last week I spent $62.37 on food & pet food.  Most of that was for lunch meats(that should last 2 weeks), a lot of milk, rye bread and fresh fruits....oh, and the Entenmenn's outlet bread products.  There was a little bit of stocking up on cranberry sauce.

This week's shopping list is light again....1 package of Kielbasa, fresh local corn on the cob and more fresh fruit.  I am sure I'll need milk this week too.  I'm figuring about $15 should cover it.  I'll have plenty of money leftover this week for stocking up if I find something we can use, that's on a great sale.

Food Waste Report....nothing thrown out last week. 8-))
There is some leftover BBQ Chicken legs that need eating and the dogs can't have that(because of the sauce).  I'll probably pick the meat off the bones and make myself a BBQ Chicken sandwich for lunch this week to use it up.

We did have to throw out some juice yesterday.  It was some new product I had bought on sale with a coupon this summer to try it.  It's called VitaminSense.  It was soooo NASTY!!!  It made me physically gag when I tried it and neither of the kids will drink it.
Just yuck.
I don't feel bad in the least for pouring it down the drainer.....well, I felt worse for wasting that $1.00 I spent on it.lol

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.