Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's Almost Time for the End of Month Totals....



I was just sitting and doing some monthly calculations while my macaroni cooked for the homemade Mac & Cheese I am making tonight.
With 1.5 days left in September it looks like I'm going to have both good and bad results.  My monthly food & toiletries budget will be under my $250 mark but my $60K $AVING$ Challenge will dip into the negative for September.
Ugh.
September is turning out to be another bad month for squirreling cash away. Haven't had a negative savings month since February.  And this month's number will blow that Feb. negative total out of the water!

I'll try not to stick my head in the oven with the Mac & Cheese over this.
Oh wait....we don't have a gas oven so that won't work anyway.

I guess I'll live to try to save again in October.
**Sigh**

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. You could singe your eyebrows!! Please try not to! There is always October and the next month. That's what I keep telling myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluggy don't worry too much about it. IIRC you had a MAJOR home repair bill this month. If memory serves as well you paid for it without going into debt. That deserves a gold star IMO. plus a child going off to college. Plus other children's back to school expenses....

    Unfortunately my savings are also pitiful this month. At least it is near the end of pantry stocking season (aka canning season) and there are not as many holidays this next month so I should be able to pull off a little savings even with the move.

    joe

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.