Monday, August 31, 2009

Meal Plan Monday.....August 31st Edition...Taking Stock

Last Week's Menu Post Mortum......

We actually had most all of the meals, just not on the days they were planned for.  We didn't have the Sunday Breakfast for Dinner, as hubby & 1 had a large lunch on the way home from dropping #1 son at college, so we weren't hungry for a large dinner.  I just fixed the kids something when we got home.

Here's what our family of 4 will be eating this Week...

MONDAY--Leftovers or "Whatever-you-want-to-make-for-yourself" Night
TUESDAY--Leftover Meatloaf w/Squash/Chicken BBQ Sandwiches for daughter, homemade Clam Chowder(stockpile/fridge)
WEDNESDAY--Breakfast for Dinner(Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Sausage, Fresh Fruit)(freezer/fridge)
THURSDAY--Cheese Ravioli(freezer), Tossed Salad(garden)
FRIDAY--Grilled Fish(freezer), Veggie TBA(freezer), Mashed Potatoes(stockpile)
SATURDAY--BBQ Chicken Legs(freezer), Potato Salad(stockpile), Sauted Summer Squash & Onions(garden)
SUNDAY--Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo Freezer**
Dessert--Zucchini Bread, Seasonal Fresh Fruit

**Eenie, Meenie, etc. is when I am too lazy to think of something and I just go into the freezer that morning and dig something out.  Hopefully the inspiration will hit me at that moment and I'll think of something yummy to do with the ingredient.lol


My shopping list for this week's meals is light.  I need staples like milk, bread.....and sliced cheese for #2 son's insatiable apetite for grilled cheese sandwiches.lol   We also need some fresh seasonal fruit.
If the weather here stays cool, like it was today, I may attempt to bake some bread instead of buying it.  I have all the necessary ingredients to do that here already.

Food Waste Report....we have a few leftovers that need eating in the fridge.  Whatever the family doesn't polish off will be fed to the dogs Wed. and beyond(it's all food they can have).  Veggie scraps will be composted.

With only 4 mouths to feed now & daughter wanting to eat less meat, I need to step back and re-evaluate what I serve.  I don't want to have to make separate meals for her when we are having something she doesn't want to eat....but I want to have an option for her for that meal.  And with #2 son in the Marching Band there are 2-4 nights per week that he will either be having to eat early/late, so that's another monkey wrench thrown into my plan. *sigh*
I've got to do some pondering on the direction my Meal Plans will take....

Check out Organizing Junkie's Website Here to see what other Home Cooks are serving this week!

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. You Monday meal sounds like our fend nights. As in fend for yourself for dinner. I love those nights.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.