Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yard Sale Time! Dreading the work but loving the CASH!!


Our community is having a Yard Sale.
Besides selling some of my eBay stuff that's still sitting in the garage, I've decided to sell off a big chunk of my Food & Toiletries Stockpile too.
I've got to get my garage unloaded and go through tons of boxes in there and then reorganize and set up for the sale...and I have TWO DAYS to git 'er done!
I plan on having most of the stuff set up in the garage so I can just open the door Sat. morning when it's time. I'll have some tables & boxes to set up on the driveway too in the morning but I want 90% of the work done beforehand so I'm not lugging everything out that morning. Plus we might have scattered showers Sat. so no scrambling to keep everything dry if it's in the garage.
Going to go get the change now because I won't have a car tomorrow. Then it's time to make some signs. I'm going to cut up some old blank address labels to use for price stickers so I don't have to buy anything new to hold this shindig.

This is my 1st yard sale selling new food/HBA items so wish me luck! I hear that lots of couponers who stockpile products do this and do quite well. I'll start out at half-price what the stores charge & go down a bit if I have to. I can go pretty low because most of this I got for pennies on the dollar, but I won't give it away. I'd rather keep it to use or take it to the food bank or homeless shelter than give it away at a yard sale.

After extreme couponing for less than 6 months I am just overrun with stuff! If I can make some $$$ that's just more for my $60K Challenge total for July...or extra $$ I can take to the farmer's market to get some fresh produce to preserve next month.

I'll report in on how things went after the weekend.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I can't wait to read how it goes, especially with selling off your stockpile. If we end up moving soon (job possibility), it will be something I have to do as well, altho on a much smaller scale than your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict you'll do very well! I have had a couple of yard sales where I've sold some of my stockpile HBA items and people LOVE it! I normally go with $1.50! That's my standard price! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd imagine you have a heavne stockpile My guess Is you will make an about of $600-800 in one day,last week I sell on my yard all my stockpile for 3 months and made $500 I was dumb because I give all my tootpaste at $1.00 and shampoos and conditioners at $2.00 THE BEST SELLER for em was the candles and glade lasting impressions at $4.00 my sister told me I give everything so cheap Is like I'd give them away since you can't find nothing for a dollar at the stores no more.Oh well next time I guess I have to go higher on prices
    WISH YOU THE BEST LUCK AND GET A COOLER WITH PLENTY OF NICE DRINKS to help you through the day also a radio will make it smoother too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.